Har Ki Dun refers to ‘Valley of God’. This is definitely a treat for those planning their trek for the first time and for the nature lovers. Har ki Dun Trek in March 2017 will be a moderate trek, which will take to the least explored places in Garhwal region of Uttarkhand. If you are planning for you trek for the first time in your life in the Himalayas, then this will be an ideal one to you.
Location of Har Ki Dun Trek
To know the location and other surrounding regions of this trekking destination, Har Ki Dun Trek is located in the Govind Wild Life Sanctuary and National Park. This is one of the very popular trekking regions located nearby Kedarkantha Peak Winter Trek. You will enjoy the most magnificent views of many popular peaks during your trek like Bandar Poonch, Swaragrohini, Black Peak, and Har Ki Dun Peak.
You will enjoy the scenic views on your drive from Dehradun to Taluka via, Mussoorie, Barkot, Purola and Netwar Motwat, which are located along the Tons River.
Don’t Miss it – Har Ki Dun Trek Package 2017
However, remember, although you are going to enjoy a wonderful scenic views and location on your Har ki Dun Trek in Mrach 2017, the roads you are going to travel through will be rough and challenging.
Planning your Har ki Doon Trek in March:
Here follows more details about your trek in Har Ki Doon:
- The overall duration of the trek would take 7 days time
- It may cost about Rs.8000 to Rs.10,000 per person through a adventure travel agency
- This trek package would include accommodation like camping and guest house, meals while on trek, permits for foreign tourist, first aid medical kit, and an experienced guide with support staff to assist you.
Preparing for Your Har ki Doon Trek in April:
There are a certain things you need to prepare and take with you for the Har Ki Dun trek in April. To help you plan your trek safe and better, here follows some tips for you:
- Take a rain coat or an umbrella
- Take backpack with rain cover
- Take at least 3 floaters or sandals
- Take your trekking shoes
- Take pairs of quick dry track pants and T-shirts
- Take more than 2 pairs of socks
- Full sleeve sweater
- Heave jacket, sun cap and scarf
- Take lip balm, cold cream and sun screen
- Take a water bottle, headlamp or torch with extra pairs of batteries
- Dark sunglass
You will definitely enjoy different varieties of birds in this nature filled region during your trek. You can also find the rare variety of Trees of Bhojpatra flower Bramhakamal, Swaragrohini and Jaundar Glacier in the south east region of Har Ki Dun. You will also enjoy Bandar Punch peak on the western side of the peak. There is no doubt that Har Ki Dun in Uttarkhand will be one of the best trekking places to choose for your winter trek. You will definitely enjoy the adventure during your trek and this will become your ever memorable holiday too.