AUDEN'S COL TREK
Auden’s Col trek is one of the most challenging treks; the beauty of Auden’s Col is untouched and quite unexplored. Auden’s Col Trek Uttarakhand is a high altitude mountain pass connecting Rudugaira valley and Bhilangna valley. It is situated at 5,490 meters (18,010 ft) elevation. And connects the ridge coming from Gangotri III (6580 m) peak on the north-west and the ridge coming from Jogin I (6465 m) on the east.
And also binds a glacier coming from Jogin I on the north side of Rudugaira valley, and deadly Khatling glacier on the south side of Bhilangna valley. Since the Auden’s Col trek is strenuous and dangerous. It is advisable to secure, well in advance, services of a guide who has first-hand knowledge of the Auden’s Col trek and possibly has done it several times.
The trekkers who have already been to this Auden’s col trek, can go for Everest base camp trek which is based in Nepal and the starting point of the Everest base camp Trek is beautiful Kathmandu city.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
We will start from Rishikesh and head for a long drive up till Gangotri. Gangotri is around 270 km from Rishikesh and it takes around 7-8 hours to reach there. Overnight stay will be in a lodge.
After having delicious breakfast we will start our adventurous journey and start trekking towards Nala Camp. We will walk through the Rhododendron, pine forests and Gangotri National Park. The Auden’s col trek will take us up to 5-6 hours. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Today’s trail is quite long; we will walk for around 7-8 hours to reach the campsite. The trail will take us through the dense forests and streams. The climb will be steep and will offer us the majestic views of the magnificent peaks such as Rudragaira peak, Jogin peak and Auden Col. Overnight stay will be at Rudragyara campsite.
Post breakfast, we will start trekking towards Gangotri Base Camp. The Auden’s col trek gets tougher from this day onwards. The trails will take us through moraines and steep climb. Overnight stay will be at the beautiful breathtaking Gangotri Base Camp.
Today’s trek is pretty challenging and we need to warm-up and stretch ourselves and post breakfast we will start trekking towards Auden’s Col Base Camp. The trail continues through moraines and forests. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Wake-up early today, because today is the D day of our trek as we will cross the Auden’s Col and reach the Khatling glacier camp. We will start our trek in the early morning. Auden Col is situated 5 km from the base camp. Soak as much as beauty you can on reaching Col. After spending some time here, we will start descending towards Khatling glacier camp. Overnight stay will be in the camps
As, we know the trek is quite challenging and tough we need to prepare ourselves so that we can reach our destination campsite. It will take us up to 10 hours to complete the trek. Today’s trek will be on a Glacier, and the trek becomes even tougher due to snow on the trails. Crossing the glacier, further we will trek through the moraines and finally reach our campsite which is located near the river. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Rising up to a bright new morning we will have some hot yummy breakfast. Post breakfast we will start trekking towards Chowki. The trail will take us through the meadows, after 4-5 hours of trek we will finally reach Chowki campsite. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Crossing the ridge above the valley we will trek further towards Masar Tal. After trekking for around 4-5 hours we will approach the beautiful Marsar Tal. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Vasuki Tal is a beautiful Lake situated at 4800m. Trekking towards Vasuki will take us up to 6-7 hours. The trail consists of some ascents and descents. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Post breakfast, we will start trekking towards a popular pilgrimage site-Kedarnath, which is around 5 kilometers from Vasuki Tal and takes around 3-4 hours to reach there. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is one of the twelve jyotir lingas located in India. Overnight stay will be at Kedarnath campsite.
After having some tasty and healthy breakfast we will descend through the trail which leads us to the Gaurikund campsite. This may take us up to 3-4 hours to reach there. Overnight stay will be at camps.
So, putting an end to our journey as per scheduled we will drive back to Rishikesh post breakfast. The drive will take us along the Ganges River. Enjoy the picturesque ride while saying goodbye to the majestic mountains and breath-taking beauty of Mother Nature.
Per Person (Rishikesh to Rishikesh)
- Accommodation during the Auden’s col trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges for Auden’s col trek
- Trekking equipment (tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.) for Auden’s col trek
- Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Achievement Certificate of Auden’s col trek
- Memories of Life Time of Auden’s col trek
- Transport from your city to Trek and Return
- GST 5%
- Food during transit to and from the base camp
- Backpack offloading charges
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. Auden’s col trek is Difficult kind of trek.
- A. December-April
- A. Auden’s col Peak is at 5490m in the Auden’s col trek
- A. Dehradun is around 250km from Delhi by road. So many trains are well connected to Dehradun and as well Haridwar, which is 50km away from Dehradun. The nearest airport is Jolly Grand Airport.
- A. Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Mahindra Bolero
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10°
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. 20-30 People
- A. 2 guides
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Sankri you will get BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Sankri.
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
Day 01: Rishikesh to Gangotri
Day 02: Gangotri to Nala Camp
Day 03: Nala Camp to Rudragyara Camp
Day 04: Rudragyara Camp to Gangotri Base Camp
Day 05: Gangotri Base Camp to Auden’s Col Base camp
Day 06: Auden’s Col Base Camp to Khatling Glacier Camp via Auden Col
Day 07: Khatling Glacier to Waterfall Camp/Zero point
Day 08: Waterfall Camp/Zero Point to Chowki
Day 09: Chowki to Masar Tal
Day 10: Marsar Tal to Vasuki Tal
Day 11: Vasuki Tal to Kedarnath
Day 12: Kedarnath to Gaurikund
Day 13: Gaurikund to Rishikesh