Baraadsar Lake Trek
Baraadsar is a picturesque Lake located at a height of 4400m between the Rupin and Supin valleys. This high altitude lake is quite popular among trekkers. The path to the baraadsar lake is initially through a green valley and later it is boulder strewn and a bit difficult. The difficulty level of Baraadsar Lake trek is between moderate to difficult. This trek is definitely worth a try.
The trekkers who have already been to this Baraadsar lake trek can go for Roopkund Trek which is based in Uttarakhand and the starting point of the Roopkund Trek is beautiful kathgodham village.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Dehradun to Himri
We will be reporting at 7.A.M in Dehradun and will start driving towards Himri alongside the lush green valley and Rupin River. We will camp by Rupin River for night.
Himri to Bheetri & Bheetri to Kurla Thaach
Today, we will drive from Himri to Bheetri. Bheetri (2500M) is the road head. Baraadsar lake trek starts from here. As we start trekking we reach Sarutaal, a beautiful Lake after spending some time and soaking the nature’s beauty there, we will trek further and after a 4-5 hours hike we reach Kurla Thaach. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Kurla Thaach to Rikatik Odi
After having some health breakfast we will start trekking towards Rikatik Odi, it is a connecting point between the Rupin and Supin Valley. On the Rupin side of the ridge we have the Bheetri and Dhaula villages. On the Supin side of the ridge we have Kasla and Fitadi villages. After a few hours of trek we finally reach the campsite. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Rikatik Odi to Devbasa via Daldar
Post breakfast, we will start trekking towards Devbasa and the trek is via Daldar. While trekking one can witness the captivating beauty of snow-clad mountains here. Routes to different treks can also be seen here such as: Bali Pass and Rupin Pass. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Devbasa to Baraadsar Ridge & return to meadows below Devbasa
Today’s trek is bit challenging as the climb is quite steep and takes you to the top of the ridge which is at 4450 m. After spending some time at the Baraadsar Ridge and capturing its captivating beauty we will descend down to the meadows below Devbasa. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Meadows below Devbasa to Dhara
After having some luscious breakfast we will trek through Rehla & Phitari to Dhara, which is the convergence of Obra & Supin. Overnight stay will be at Dhara campsite.
Dhara – Jakhol – Netwar – Dehradun
Post breakfast we will start early trek from Dhara to Jakhol, and Jakhol we will drive towards Netwar and further Drive back to Dehradun. Our adventurous Baraadsar lake trek ends here.
Per Person (Dehradun to Dehradun)
- Transport from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Accommodation during the Baraadsar lake trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Campfire at Camps (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges for Baraadsar lake trek
- Trekking equipment (Hiking Pole, Crampons,
- Gaiters, tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses) for Baraadsar lake trek
- Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.) for Baraadsar lake trek
- Achievement Certificate of Baraadsar lake trek
- Memories of Life Time of Baraadsar lake trek
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your place to the Dehradun
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs.250 Per Day/Per Bag)
- Food during transport from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs. 250/day/bag)
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. This trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A. December-April
- A. Kedarkantha Peak 3800m
- A. Dehradun is around 250km from Delhi by road. So many trains are well connected to Dehradun and as well Haridwar, which is 50km away from Dehradun. The nearest airport is Jolly Grand Airport.
- A. Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Mahindra Bolero
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10°
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. 20-30 People
- A. 2 guides
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Sankri you will get BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Sankri.
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
Day 01 : Dehradun to Himri
Day 02 : Himri to Bheetri & Bheetri to Kurla Thaach
Day 03 : Kurla Thaach to Rikatik Odi
Day 04 : Rikatik Odi to Devbasa via Daldar
Day 05 : Devbasa to Baraadsar Ridge & return to meadows below Devbasa
Day 06 : Meadows below Devbasa to Dhara
Day 07 : Dhara – Jakhol – Netwar – Dehradun