Baralacha La Pass Trek
In a span of five days, this trek – crossing glacial water bodies, Rohtang Pass, conquering intimidating, high altitude peaks – will give an experience of the lifetime to the trekkers. The Chandratal to Baralacha La trek will begin with quiet drives through valleys, stark landscapes to the highlight of the trek – trekking to the expansive Chandratal Lake which is cradled in between the high mountains.
The trekkers who have already been to this Baralacha la Pass trek, can go for Hampta pass which is based in Himachal Pradesh and the starting point of the Hampta pass Trek is beautiful Manali city.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Manali (2000m) – Batal (3907m) Drive/5-6 hrs
Meet in Manali at a pre-determined point and drive to Batal. The drive will be interesting as we drive through the lush green Kullu and Manali valleys to a barren terrain of the Lahaul and Spiti valley. We will also drive through the famous Rohtang Pass. After arriving at Batal, we will go on a acclimatizing hike. Overnight stay in tents.
Batal (3907m) – Chandratal (4300m) Trek/6 hrs
After breakfast we will set out on our trek to Chandratal lake. Six hours of trekking will follow including crossing voer the Chandra river, ascend from Batal, enjoying the views of the Bara Shigri glacier with the loft Himalayan peaks keeping us company throughout. The beauty of Chandratal will entice you as soon as you reach it – lapping amidst the high mountains, the landscape is dotted with gaddi shepherds and their animals around. Overnight stay in tents.
Chandratal (4300m) – Topko Yongma (4380m) Trek/5-6 hrs
We will start on our trek to Tokpo Gongmo, bright and early today! Barren slopes and playful streams rush by as we mark our ascent to a stop in our destination. Tokpo Yongmo is the last large stream we will cross today. Overnight stay in tents.
Topko Yongma (4380m) – Topko Gongma (4600m) Trek/5 hrs
It is important that we start our trek early today so that we can cross the rivers when their water levels are low. Frosty peaks of the Chandrabhaga range add a scenic touch to the landscape. Depending on the situation, we will cross a snow bridge or wade to reach our camp area at Tokpo Yongma. Overnight stay in tents.
(Return) Topko Gongma (4600m) – Baralacha La (4900m) – Manali (2000m) Trek/5 hrs & Drive/7 hrs
Per Person (Dehradun to Dehradun)
Delhi to Delhi : Rs. 12500/- Per Person
- Accommodation during the Baralacha la pass trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges for Baralacha la pass trek
- Services of an expert trek leader (Qualified in Basic/Advanced Mountaineering Courses)
- Trekking equipment (Hiking Pole, Crampons, Gaiters, Tents, Sleeping Bags, Mattresses, Ice Axes, Ropes, etc.)
- Safety equipment (First Aid, Medical Kit, Oxygen Cylinders, Stretcher, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Achievement Certificate of Baralacha la pass trek
- Memories of Life Time of Baralacha la pass trek
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your place to the Dehradun
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs.250 Per Day/Per Bag)
- Food during transport from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs. 250/day/bag)
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. This trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A. April – Oct is the best time for Baralacha La Pass
- A. Kedarkantha Peak 3800m
- A. Dehradun is around 250km from Delhi by road. So many trains are well connected to Dehradun and as well Haridwar, which is 50km away from Dehradun. The nearest airport is Jolly Grand Airport.
- A. Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Mahindra Bolero
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10°
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. 20-30 People
- A. 2 guides
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Sankri you will get BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Sankri.
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
Day 01: Dehradun – Sankri
Day 02: Sankri – Juda ka Talab
Day 03: Juda ka Talab – Kedarkantha Base Camp
Day 04: Base Camp – Kedarkantha Peak – Juda ka Talab
Day 05: Juda Ka Talab – Sankri – Dehradun