Bhaba Pass Trek
A moderate+ difficulty level trek, Bhaba pass trek is one of our favourites! Bhaba pass trek offers a variety of sceneries and trek which are mind-blowing and definitely gets our adrenaline pumping.
Bhaba pass trek wins for all the right reasons – no landscape of Bhaba pass trek is similar and there is the excitement of crossing a Himalayan Pass at 4850 m, which is a challenge on most days and testing on certain days of the season. The adventure element is not all that there is – Bhaba pass trek offers a close peek into the Kinnau and Spiti cultures too.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Shimla – Kafnu Drive/7-8 hrs
A long drive from Shimla and Narkanda will take us to a small town called, Sarahan. The town is famous for its 200 year old idol, sitting in the Bhimakali temple which is in itself a rare combination of Buddhist and Hindu architecture.
Kafnu – Mulling (3100m) Drive/3 hrs & Trek/6 hrs
After breakfast, we hit the road and drive from Saharan to the starting point of Bhaba pass trek, Kafnu, which will ultimately lead us to the Bhabha pass. The start of Bhaba pass trek will take us through apple orchards, a wooded area with a well-marked trail and in about 6 hours, we will reach the sprawling meadows of Mulling. The gradient is moderate. Overnight stay in tents.
Mulling (3100m) – Phustirang (4000m) Trek/6-7 hrs
Today, we will cross rivers via natural rock bridges or wading. Next, we will come across alpine woods and a few gaddi shepherds with whom chatting is highly recommended, after who will know this area, better? After a pit stop at the meadows of Kara, along with lunch, we will set out for our campsite by the riverside. Overnight stay in tent.
Phustirang (4000m) – Bhabha pass (4850m) – Baldar (3900m) Trek/7-8 hrs
Our day will start with a steep climb up which might require more effort and energy, if our trail leading to the pass is covered in snow. But, as usual, all this effort and heavy breathing will be rewarded with a fantastic view of various mountain ranges and the famous Pin Parvati pass. You will feel like you have achieved something. Next, we begin our descent towards the Spiti side.
As we promised, each day, the scenery will change. After walking for a couple of hours, we will tread upon a stark trans-HImalayan landscape which confirms your welcome in Spiti. The Spiti landscape looks like a collage – a wonderful amalgamation of grasslands and mountains of different hues. Overnight stay in tents.
Baldar (3900m) – Mudh (3740m) – Kaza (3800m) Trek/3-4 hrs & Drive/2 hrs
Today we will take the pleasure walk right through to Mudh – purple mountains, a gentle gradient, the Pin river passing by and an open space all around sounds like a painting, but that is what it really looks like! After capturing this scene in our minds forever, we will spend some time in the quaint village of Mudh. Next, we will drive to Kaza, check into a hotel and let a hot shower take our tiredness away. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Kaza (3800m) – Kunzum La (4550m) – Chandratal (4270m) Drive/3 hrs & Trek/3 hrs
We will drive through a few villages, consuming their culture, to reach Kunzum La from where we will trek for about 3 hours to reach a campsite close to the Chandratal lake. The Chandratal lake is a sparkling turquoise blue, high mountains forming the prettiest background. After an evening’s exploration around the lake, we will do an overnight stay in tents.
(Return) Chandratal (4270m) – Manali (2000m) Trek/1-3 hrs & Drive/6-7 hrs
With the memories of the wonderful trek of Bhaba Pass trek , today morning we will have a short ending trek of Bhaba pass trek and leave to to manali by drive of 6-7 Hrs. with the life long mameries of Bhaba pass trek we will depart and leave for homes.
- Transport from Shimla to Kafnu & Return
- Accommodation during the Bhaba Pass trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Campfire at Camps (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges for Bhaba Pass Trek.
- Trekking equipment (Hiking Pole, Crampons Gaiters, tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader of Bhaba Pass Trek (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team of Bhaba Pass Trek (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Achievement Certificate of Bhaba Pass Trek
- And Memories of Bhaba Pass Trek for Life Time
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your place to the Shimla
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs.250 Per Day/Per Bag)
- Food during transport from Shimla to kafnu & Return
- Personal expenses of any kind in Bhaba Pass Trek
- Anything apart from the Bhaba Pass Trek inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. Bhaba pass trek trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A. Best Time for Bhaba trek is December-April
- A. Pin valley in Spiti of Bhaba Pass trek is attaining a maximum altitude point of 4914 m
- Shimla is well connected with the trains, also simla is well connected with flights, nearest airport is Old Shimla Airport
- A. Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Mahindra Bolero
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10°
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. 20-30 People
- A. 2 guides
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Sankri you will get BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Sankri.
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
Day 01: Shimla – Kafnu Drive/7-8 hrs
Day 02: Kafnu – Mulling (3100m) Drive/3 hrs & Trek/6 hrs
Day 03: Mulling (3100m) – Phustirang (4000m) Trek/6-7 hrs
Day 04: Phustirang (4000m) – Bhabha pass (4850m) – Baldar (3900m) Trek/7-8 hrs
Day 05: Baldar (3900m) – Mudh (3740m) – Kaza (3800m) Trek/3-4 hrs & Drive/2 hrs
Day 06: Kaza (3800m) – Kunzum La (4550m) – Chandratal (4270m) Drive/3 hrs & Trek/3 hrs
Day 07: (Return) Chandratal (4270m) – Manali (2000m) Trek/1-3 hrs & Drive/6-7 hrs