Walk To the spirituality
Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek
The Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek, which can be journeyed all throughout the year. It is considered one of the best moderate treks in the Indian Himalayan region.
If you are looking for a short getaway amid the Himalayan range, the Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek is an ideal trek for you. Set in the Garhwal Himalayas, the Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek is in a protected area which means there is minimal civilization and lots and lots of flora and fauna to explore. This is a beautiful lake at an altitude of 2438 m and has captivating surroundings with forests all around. The Chaukhamba Peak feels like it is an arm’s length away. And the reflection of the mighty peak in the crystal clear waters of the lake creates a beautiful effect.
Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek is also a popular destination during the winter months due to the snowfall that the area experiences. Tungnath temple and Chandrashila are snow-covered from December to March. It is fully covered with snow during winters and during the same time; some of the routes going to Chopta are blocked. An alternative route to Chopta is from Deoria Tal, which is 10–12 km trek that starts from Deorial Tal. Deoria Tal can be approached from Saari Village. It can be taken during the winter season. So, trekkers must visit the place during winters if they want to see snowfields.
Chopta Chandrashila Trek gives you a glimpse of the himalayn beauty. Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek is the most famous trek which includes live water trails and snow covered valleys. The whole tour of Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek covers a swoop to the Chandrashila Peak, passing by the delightful Deoriatal lakeside, and opens up a gallery of remarkable snow peaks all the way.
This journey of Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek is unmatched in nature’s beauty, thrilling challenges, time-efficiency, and convenience. The highlights of the trek range from breathtaking summit view to the warmth of the forest greens, stimulating interests in all sorts of mountain lovers. You could be a nature treasurer or a shutterbug with a dream of capturing the beauty of nature, Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek is a trek for all and fails none.
Aahvan Adventures has designed the Chopta tungnath Chandrashila Trek itinerary so beautifully that it has included every destination such as Deoriatal, Chopta Tungnath Temple, and Chandrashila peak. Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek route includes a beautiful way from Haridwar to Sari. According to trekkers Sept to June is the best time for Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek.
Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek package included transportation from Haridwar to Sari. Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek duration is 5 days 4 nights from Haridwar to Haridwar and 7 days 6 nights from Delhi to Delhi. Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek weather would be cold, Days will be warm and at night temperature may fall into 0 to 5 degrees. Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek height is approx 4000m. Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek difficulty level is easy to moderate so it is an ideal trek for beginners. Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek distance is approx. 12-15 km.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Haridwar – Sari (2000m) Drive/210 kms/6-7 hrs
Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek starts from Haridwar. We will meet at Haridwar at 7:00 am and then head for a long drive up till the Sari. We will be driving, for the most part, along the Ganga and Alaknanda rivers, driving through Rishikesh, Devprayag, Srinagar, Karnprayag, before we take the turn for the Mandakini valley. the trek drive is approx 7 hours drive from Haridwar to Sari. Sari is almost 210 km from Haridwar. At dusk, we will take a short hike to stretch our muscles and gear up for the trek tomorrow before we settle in for an overnight stay at the lodge.
Sari (2000m) – Deoriatal (2438m) Trek/4-5 hrs
Our Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek will begin with a walk through a few villages and a small temple town, Ukhimath, after which we will make our way through an enchanting mixed forest, abundant in birdlife. Today’s trek quite easy as compared to other days. We will climb through a great rocky trail. There won’t be any source of water so It would be advisable to carry sufficient water with you. After a hike, which is mostly uphill, we will reach the Deoriatal lake by afternoon, after having lunch you can explorer the nearby places.
The Chandrashila summit is clearly visible from Deoriatal. spend the rest of the day exploring the calm surroundings, bird watching, and clicking a good many photographs. Overnight stay in tents under the free sky.
Deoriatal (2438m) – Chopta (2800m) Trek/4-5 hrs
A series of ascents and descents will follow after we walk on a ridge and although it will be gradual, it will be a lot of fun as we encounter mixed forests with oaks, pines, rhododendrons, etc. After crossing a clearing in the forest lined with scarlet blossoms, we are directly heading towards Rohgini Bugyal and Chopta. Today, we also get a glimpse of the snow-capped Himalayan peaks. On reaching our destination for the day, Chopta, we will relax. The sunset at Chopta is a photographer’s paradise so keep your camera handy! Overnight stay in tents.
Chopta (2800m) – Tungnath (3680m) – Chandrashila peak (4000m) – Chopta / Trek/4-5 hrs & Drive/1 hr
A short and scenic, but difficult climb, up the slopes of the meadow will take us to Tungnath temple. The most striking views at Tungnath temples are the golden meadows and a panoramic view of the lofty mountains and valleys. We will do a quick stop for refreshment and rest and then resume our trek to reach the summit of the Chandrashilla peak which rests at an altitude of 4000 m.
Our efforts to reach the summit will be rewarded with a glorious sight of the most majestic of the Himalayan peaks – namely, Nanda Devi, Trishul, Chaukhamba, etc. Your mind will work as quick as your photograph as it will store all these unforgettable memories. After a while, we will head back to Chopta, get into our vehicles and ride for an hour to reach Kund where we will refresh ourselves with a shower and hot dinner. Overnight stay at the lodge.
(RETURN) Chopta – Haridwar Drive/210 kms/6-7 hrs
We will head towards Haridwar on day 5. After this 7 hour journey full of mellow reminisces of the hills, you will be reaching Haridwar in the evening. Memorable trip of Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek ends here.
Per Person (Haridwar to Haridwar)
- Transport to and from the base camp in Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek (Haridwar to Haridwar)
- Accommodation during the Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian in Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges for Chopta Tungnath trek
- Trekking equipment for Chopta Tungnath trek. (Hiking Pole, Crampons, Gaiters, tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader of Chopta Tungnath trek (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team of Chopta Tungnath trek(guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Achievement Certificate of Chopta Tungnath trek
- Memories of Life Time
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your place to the Harridwar and return
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs.250 Per Day/Per Bag)
- Food during transport from Haridwar to Sari & Return
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs. 250/day/bag)
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek is easy to moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A. September to June is the best period for Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek
- A. Chandrashila Peak is the highest point of Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek situated at the height of 4000m / 13000ft.
- A. Haridwar is around 225km from Delhi by road. Also, many trains are well connected to Haridwar and nearest airport is Jolly Grand Airport.
- A.For a small group of upto 5-6 people we provide Tata sumo or Mahindra Bolero and for a group of more than 10 people we provide 13 seater Tempo Traveller.
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10° at Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. During Kedarkantha trek the stay will be in hiking tents so there is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. In Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek group size would be around 15-20 people.
- A. In Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek there will be 2 experienced guides depending on the group size.
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless on their demand.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. We suggest you to carry an original ID card and a photograph during the trek.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Sankri you will get BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Sari.
- A. Yes, this Chopta Tungnath Trek is full of surprises for shutterbugs. However, keep checking on the warning boards if it is not permitted at some places then avoid it.
- A. The Chopta Tungnath trek is the group activity and Trek leaders have the responsibility of the whole trek in place of individual one so customized menus will be difficult to be available. However you can ask for customization, if possible you can for it we will try to make it available.
- A. Yes, Chopta Tungnath trek is very safe for female solo travelers.
- A.Yes, you can carry your own tent but we do not suggest to carry your tent because it will increase the weight of your luggage.
- A. Physical fitness is required for Chopta Tungnath trek, you should involve yourself in physical activities like running, skipping, and some yoga breathing exercises.
- A. Yes, you can go for Chopta Tungnath trek along with your family. The trek is easy however physical fitness is required.
We believe that your opinion will guide us.
A little challenging
Trek weather is mostly sunny during the day and cold during the night ideally. But is unpredictable in the Himalayas. The amount of snow at the trek challenges every trekker to take up the challenge of reaching the temple.
Best team - Aahvan Adventures
#NoComplaints#Only #Best wishes for Future Ventures Aahvan Adventures. Bless all the members of Aahvan Adventures.
heaven on Earth
No less than heaven on Earth. Awesome Experience; Thank you Aahvan adventures for such amazing experience and for making Chopta trekking package quite affordable.
people helped alot, Best service provider
We had the best time at Tungnath and Chandrashila. I booked it through Aahvan Adventures. The people helped me a lot to understand the trip details. I joined the group at Haridwar and from then on the trip was mind-blowing.
best service in very terms
I have surveyed many sites before going to this trek but Aahvan Adventures had the reasonable package and the best service in very terms like the guide, food, accommodation and everything.
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
07 Nov to 11 Nov (OPEN)
14 Nov to 18 Nov (OPEN)
21 Nov to 25 Nov (OPEN)
28 Nov to 02 Dec (OPEN)
05 Dec to 19 Dec (OPEN)
12 Dec to 16 Dec (OPEN)
19 Dec to 23 Dec (OPEN)
26 Dec to 30 Dec (OPEN)
02 Jan to 06 Jan (OPEN)
09 Jan to 13 Jan (OPEN)
16 Jan to 20 Jan (OPEN)
23 Jan to 27 Jan (OPEN)
30 Jan to 03 Feb (OPEN)
06 Feb to 10 Feb (OPEN)
13 Feb to 17 Feb (OPEN)
20 Feb to 24 Feb (OPEN)
27 Feb to 03 Mar (OPEN)
06 Mar to 10 Mar (OPEN)
13 Mar to 17 Mar (OPEN)
20 Mar to 24 Mar (OPEN)
27 Mar to 31 Mar (OPEN)
03 Apr to 07 Apr (OPEN)
10 Apr to 14 Apr (OPEN)
17 Apr to 21 Apr (OPEN)
24 Apr to 28 Apr (OPEN)
01 May to 05 May (OPEN)
08 May to 12 May (OPEN)
15 May to 19 May (OPEN)
22 May to 26 May (OPEN)
29 May to 02 Jun (OPEN)
05 Jun to 09 Jun (OPEN)
12 Jun to 16 Jun (OPEN)
19 Jun to 23 Jun (OPEN)
26 Jun to 30 Jun (OPEN)
Day 01: Haridwar – Sari (6-7 hrs drive)
Day 02: Sari – Deoriatal (4-5 hrs trek)
Day 03: Deoriatal – Chopta (4-5 hrs trek)
Day 04: Chopta – Tungnath – Chandrashila peak – Chopta (4-5 hrs trek & 1 hr drive)
Day 05: Chopta – Haridwar (6-7 hrs drive)