Gaumukh Tapovan Trek
Gaumukh is the terminus of the Gangotri Glacier, from where the Bhagirathi River originates and is the source of the Ganges River. The place is situated at a height of 13,200 ft (4,023 m) in Uttarkashi district in the state of Uttarakhand, India. Gaumukh means ‘Mouth of a Cow’. According to some beliefs, initially, the snout appeared to look like the “Mouth of a Cow”. Gaumukh is located at the base of the Gangotri Glacier and Tapovan is located above the Gangotri Glacier.
It is one of the largest in the Himalayas with an estimated volume of over 27 cubic kilometres. Gaumukh Tapovan is a popular Hindu pilgrimage site, along with Gangotri, as well as trekking destination. Surround yourself with the mountains in the vast meadows of Tapovan. there are so many beginners trekkers plan for Gaumukh tapovan trek for the first time.
The trekkers who have already been to this Gaumukh Tapovan trek, can go for Har Ki Dun trek which is based in Uttarakhand and the starting point of the Har Ki Dun Trek is beautiful Sankri village.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Haridwar to Harsil
Our team will receive you from Haridwar Railway station and will further drive you to Harsil which is around 6-7 hours journey from Haridwar. Overnight stay will be in lodge.
Harsil – Gangotri – Bhojbasa
After breakfast we will drive to Gangotri which will take us 1-2 hours to reach there and after paying visit to the Temple there we will start trekking towards Bhojbasa which is of around 14 kilometers. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Bhojbasa – Tapovan via Gaumukh
So, it is the 3rd day of our adventurous journey and we are all set to trek towards Tapovan via Gaumukh, and the distance is around 8 kms. The trail takes you through glaciers offering you the mesmerizing views of snow-clad towering peaks such as: Mt. Shivling Peak, Kedardome Peak and Gangotri Peaks. Tapovan is known for its beautiful meadows with gushing streams and flora. After trekking for few hours we will reach our campsite. Enjoy the night stay under the star studded blanket of sky.
Tapovan to Bhojbasa
Post breakfast we will trek back retracing the same path towards Bhojbasa. The trail will bring you into dense forest offering you the picturesque views of Flora and Fauna. After a few hours trek you will reach the campsite. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Bhojbasa – Gangotri – Harsil
Rise early to enjoy the beautiful sunrise in snow-clad mountains, after having healthy breakfast we will trek down to Gangotri and after reaching Gangotri we will drive back to Harsil. Overnight stay will be at the lodge.
Harsil to Haridwar
Post breakfast we will drive towards Haridwar which will take around 6-7 hours, enjoy the picturesque ride alongside magnificent snow clad peaks, green lush valleys and captivating sceneries. Reaching Haridwar will be the end of our adventurous Gaumukh Tapovan trek.
Per Person + 5% GST
- Accommodation during the Gaumukh Tapovan trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Campfire at Camps (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges for Gaumukh Tapovan trek
- Trekking equipment (Hiking Pole, Crampons,Gaiters, tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses) for Gaumukh Tapovan trek
- Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Achievement Certificate of Gaumukh Tapovan trek
- Memories of Life Time of Gaumukh Tapovan trek
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your place to the Trek
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs.250 Per Day/Per Bag)
- Food during transport from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs. 250/day/bag)
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. This trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A. December-April
- A. Kedarkantha Peak 3800m
- A. Dehradun is around 250km from Delhi by road. So many trains are well connected to Dehradun and as well Haridwar, which is 50km away from Dehradun. The nearest airport is Jolly Grand Airport.
- A. Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Mahindra Bolero
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10°
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. 20-30 People
- A. 2 guides
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Sankri you will get BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Sankri.
Per Person + 5% GST
Day 01: Haridwar to Harsil
Day 02: Harsil to Bhojbasa
Day 03: Bhojbasa to Tapovan
Day 04: Tapovan to Bhojbasa
Day 05: Bhojbasa – Gangotri – Harsil
Day 06: Harsil to Haridwar