Goech La Trek
Goecha La Trek is a high mountain pass in Sikkim, in the Himalayan range. The southeast face of Mt. Kanchenjunga, the world’s third-highest mountain, can be viewed from the pass, which is also a base camp for those who are ambitious to hike the mountain. The enchanting views of Goech La amazed the government authorities. That they have featured it on the Indian currency (Rs.100/- Note).
The weather remains clear during the winters. And spectacular during the pre-monsoon season, with hazy clouds. Now that you have heard and read so much interesting things about Goech La you just cannot resist yourself from trekking there.
The trekkers who have already been to this Goech La trek, can go for Baralacha la pass trek which is based in Himachal Pradesh and the starting point of the Baralacha la pass trek is beautiful Manali city.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
We will be reporting and staying at Yuksom today. We will be taking some rest today as we would be tired from the journey.
Yuksom to Sachen
So, today is the first day of our adventurous trek, warm-up and start trekking towards Yuksom, the trail will take you through the pleasant forests, fields of Yuksom and the beautiful Rathong river valley. Below the camp site runs river Prek. After 4-5 hours of trek we will finally reach Sachen-Campsite. Overnight stay will be at Camps.
Sachen to Tshoka
After having some hot yummy breakfast we will trek towards Tshoka and the trail which we go through is quite steep and will take you up to 4 hours to reach the campsite. We first cross the wooden bridge over Prek River. After crossing the bridge we climb into the forest of oak & rhododendron. The local malt Tumba is pretty popular. From the monastery at Tshoka, you witness the amazing views of Mt. Pandim and the entire Kanchenjunga range. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Tshoka to Dzongri
Starting early from Tshoka we will start trekking towards Dzongri. The climb is steep today. The trail passes through thick forests of blossoming colorful Rhododendrons. After trekking for few hours we will finally reach Dzongri. It is large grassland surrounded by Snow clad peaks of Kanchenjunga range. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Dzongri to Thansing
We will wake – up earlier today than usual and witness the glorious sun rise, the golden rays seem to spread their glitter on the snow clad mountains and bring life to earth. The trail descends up to Kockchurang and then climbs up to Thansing. The Trail will take us through river, rocks & boulders. Thansing is an enchanting meadow. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Thansing to Lamuney
After having some delicious breakfast on the mountains, we will start trekking towards Lamuney. Today’s trek is pretty easy with mostly flat trail; we will reach the campsite in around 2-3 hours. We will visit a beautiful lake which we come across while trekking, Samiti Lake. After spending some time at this picturesque lake and bird-watching we will head back towards Lamuney Campsite. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Lamuney to Goecha La to Thansing
We will be starting early today as today’s trek is quite tough and long. The trek will take up to 10-11 hours as we have to trek to Goecha La trek back to our campsite-Thansing. After a long trek you can enjoy the view from Goecha La which is simply fabulous and will make you forget your pain and fatigue. We will head back towards Thansing campsite after enjoying the views at Goecha La. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Thansing to Tshoka
Post breakfast, warm-up and stretch yourself to trek towards Tshoka. Capture as many as moments you can as we are heading back to Tshoka, the trail is through forest and the gradient is mostly flat, with small ascends and descends. You will witness the beautiful Rhododendron trees along your way while trekking and the Prekchu River flowing below. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Today is the last day of our adventure trek, bid adieu to the mountains and all your companions and take back all the memories and fun moments with you to cherish them for life. Post breakfast, we will retrace the same path and head back to Yuksom. The Goech la trek ends here.
Per Person (Sharing Basis)
- Accommodation during the Goech la trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges for Goech la trek
- Trekking equipment (Hiking Pole, Crampons,Gaiters, tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.) for Goech la trek
- Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Achievement Certificate of Goech la trek
- Memories of Life Time of Goech la trek
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your place to the Kathmandu
- Backpack offloading charges
- Food during transport from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Backpack offloading charges
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. This trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A. December-April
- A. Goech la point is at 4940m in Goech la trek
- A. Dehradun is around 250km from Delhi by road. So many trains are well connected to Dehradun and as well Haridwar, which is 50km away from Dehradun. The nearest airport is Jolly Grand Airport.
- A. Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Mahindra Bolero
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10°
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. 20-30 People
- A. 2 guides
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner during Goech la trek
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Sankri you will get BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Sankri.
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
Day 01: Arrival to Yuksom
Day 02: Yuksom to Sachen
Day 03: Sachen to Tshoka
Day 04: Tshoka to Dzongri
Day 05: Dzongri to Thansing
Day 06 : Thansing to Lamuney
Day 07 : Lamuney to Goecha La to Thansing
Day 08 : Thansing to Tshoka
Day 09 : Tshoka Yuksom