Hampta Pass Trek
The ideal trek for first timers, the Hampta Pass Trek Delhi is an absolute treat for everyone who is looking for a Himalayan adventure! Unline most treks which start from a remote village, the most accessible point for the Hampta Trek is Manali, at an altitude of 14,100 feet. This trek has something for everyone – the adventurous first timers and the seasoned hikers. Though the Hampta pass isn’t a breeze, it poses fewer challenges than most other treks. Its appeal lies in the fact that it connects the picturesque Valleys of Kullu and Lahual along with providing amazing landscapes and natural foliage to the trekker. The flora and fauna are also seen in abundance – such as the rare Himalayan birds.
This trek doesn’t cross the pass and head over to the Lahaul region as the road connecting Lahaul to Manali is under heavy snow, early in the season. Instead, we return from Manali. The Hampta Pass and Chandratal Trek is around 35km long. The Hampta Pass Trek duration is 4 to 5 days.
Most of the avid trekkers choose to go on this trek during May and early June also for the best experience of this Snowy trek, as Hampta Pass Trek best time to visit. Also, the temperature is pretty normal pleasant in this Hampta Pass weather. Unlike the usual Hampta pass route, which only opens up in late June.
The trekkers who have already been to this Hampta Pass trekking can go for Valley Of Flowers Trek which is based in Uttarakhand and the starting point of the Valley of Flowers Trek is beautiful Joshimath village.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Your City to Delhi to Manali
The Hampta pass trek will start from your representative cities to Delhi by flight. By late afternoon at Delhi, We invite our all travelers at Volvo bus stand which is at Majnu ka tila near by Kashmiri gate. we will board Volvo bus from Majnu Ka Tilla a Volvo pickup stand. From here we will travel to Manali and the journey will be around 15 hrs. Overnight Journey in Volvo Bus.
We will arrive at Manali Basecamp by morning. All the participants will undergo through the registration procedure and freshening up. You can roam in Manali Town on your own.Manali town is set on Beas River, there are so many destination around the city to visit. Mostly, trekkers plan to go for river rafting there, because they mostly made early plan for it though. they have come for Hampta pass trek. Overnight stay at hotel.
Manali to Chika (3100m) 4-5 hr
Your Hampta pass trek will start with a drive from Manali to Jobra, alongside the Bias and Tons rivers. The drive also passes by beautiful pine forests. Enjoy the surrounding for a couple of minutes and head towards the meadow. Today’s trek is around for 4 – 5 hours. The walking trail of the trek is 9km long from Jobra to Chika. Chika camp site is spacious patch of green. The Rani River flowing in the middle makes this place perfect for setting up the tents. Overnight in tents.
Chika– Balu Ghera (3630m) 4-5 hrs
After breakfast, we will set out on a moderate hike which, for the most part, goes through the forest. We will walk to Balu Ghera, As we continue climbing up, we will be taking approximately 4 – 5 hours from Chika to reach at Balu Ghera. And the trek is around 7km long. we will get fleeting glimpses of the snow-capped Himalayan peaks. One more hour of hiking will take us to the meadows where we will camp overnight, in tents.
Balu Ghera – Hampta Pass
In Todays Hampta pass trek, we will move towards the most spectacular part of the trek as we cross the Hampta Pass, from here you can see the Indrasan Peak and its gigantic glacier. The place is usually windy and cold so the group of trekkers don’t stay here more. Then we will move down to our camp site in Siagoru and it takes approximately 2 hours. And here, you get to experience the barren landscape of the Himalayas in the Lahul and Spiti Valley. Overnight in Camp.
Sia Goru – Chatru (3300m) – Chandra Tal (4300m) 6-7 hr
Today we will start our Hampta pass trek from Sia Goru Chatru. We have an easy descent through the Hampta Valley. Find the group of Pir Panjal ranges of the inner Himalayan circle appear ahead of you dominate the entire landscape till the camp site at Chatru. This day will take around 6-7 hours to reach at Chandra tal. Enjoy the spectacular view of a high altitude cold desert at Spiti Valley. Chatru is a major point of paths from Rohtang Pass, Hamta Pass and Spiti. From here, it totally depends on the road and weather condition permit we head to the Chandra Tal and camp at suitable place according to the conditions. Overnight in Camp.
Chandra Tal – Manali (2000m)
We will drive back to Manali from Chandratal camp site. The total drive duration will around 6 to 7 hrs. After reaching Manali by late afternoon, we will freshen up and depart for Volvo station. At around 6 o’clock we will board the bus to Delhi. Overnight journey in Volvo bus.
Delhi to Your City
The journey from Manali to Delhi will be around 15 hrs. We will reach Delhi by around 10 o’clock in the morning. Then onwards we will move to our representative cities. The glorious Hampta pass trek ends here.
Per Person (Delhi to Delhi)
- Transport from Delhi to Manali & Return
- Accommodation during Hampta pass trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Campfire at Camps (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges for Hampta pass Trek
- Trekking equipment (Hiking Pole, Crampons,
- Gaiters, tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Achievement Certificate of Hampta pass trek
- Memories of Life Time of Hampta pass trek
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your place to the Delhi
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs.250 Per Day/Per Bag)
- Food during transport from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs. 250/day/bag)
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. The Hampta Pass difficulty level is easy to moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A. June to September months are Hampta Pass Trek best time to visit.
- A. Hampta Pass point is at 4300m in Hampta Pass Trek Delhi.
- A. Manali is around 500 km from Delhi by road. So many Volvo Buses are well connected to Manali and Delhi. The nearest airport is Bhuntar Airport which is around 60 km away from Manali City. We provide Volvo Bus for the journey.
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10° at Hampta Pass Trek Delhi.
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the Hampta Pass Trek Delhi.
- A. There will be a maximum 20-30 People group in one batch of Hampta Pass Trek Delhi.
- A. There will be 2 guides in Hampta Pass Trek Delhi.
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner in Hampta Pass Trek Delhi.
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents in Hampta Pass Trek Delhi.
- Yes, During Hampta Pass Trek Delhi sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Manali you will get all mobile networks. In other locations, you won’t have any network during Hampta Pass Trek Delhi.
- A. During the Hampta Pass Trek Delhi, you will get electricity only in Manali.
- A. Yes, this Hampta Pass Trek Delhi is full of surprises for shutterbugs. However, keep checking on the warning boards if it is not permitted at some places then avoid it.
- A. The Hampta Pass Trek Delhi is the group activity and Trek leaders have the responsibility of the whole trek in place of individual one so customized menus will be difficult to be available. However, you can ask for customization, if possible you can for it we will try to make it available.
- A. Yes, Hampta Pass Trek Delhi is very safe for female solo travelers.
- A. Yes, you can carry your own tent but we do not suggest to carry your tent because it will increase the weight of your luggage.
- A. Physical fitness is required for Hampta Pass Trek Delhi, you should involve yourself in physical activities like running, skipping, and some yoga breathing exercises.
- A. Yes, you can go for Hampta Pass Trek Delhi along with your family. The trek is easy however physical fitness is required.
We believe that your opinion will guide us.
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
Day 01: Your City to Delhi to Manali
Day 02: Manali
Day 03: Manali to Chika
Day 04: Chika– Balu Ghera
Day 05: Balu Ghera – Hampta Pass
Day 06 : Sia Goru – Chatru
Day 07 : Chandra Tal – Manali
Day 08 : Delhi to your City