Har Ki Dun Trek
Located at the base of the majestic peak of “Fateh Parvat”, it surmounts a height of 3556 meters in the Garhwal Himalayas. This cradle shaped hanging valley offers a variety of enchanting explorations ranging from nature’s compassion to bird viewing. Scattered with Himalayan flowers, the valley is also packed with thrilling wildlife. Here, we have created an itinerary for the Har Ki Dun Trek from Delhi.
Plunge ahead through Osla with propitious encounters with deer and bores before you stroll to the euphoric Har Ki Dun Pass. Witness the frozen glaciers of Jaundhar and Swargarohini while charming landscapes of prairie and snowflakes garnish your scrutiny. You will be left awestruck after seeing those majestic glaciers and mountains surrounding you from all three sides! The Har Ki Dun distance from Dehradun is around 220 km.
Har ki Dun Trek Delhi’s routs pass through the Himalayan ghats, picturesque views of hills, valleys, gorges, and forests. And is commonplace for photography enthusiasts. Follow the trail of Pandavas who took the very same route to ascend to heaven via Swargarohini, the mountain that dominates the Har Ki Dun valley. This is the only valley from where you can see Swargarohini, Bandarpoonch, and Black peak, all together. You can also see the Ruinsara peaks from here.
Har ki Dun Height / Har Ki Dun altitude is 3560 meters / 11700 feet, so Har Ki Dun temperature falls down to below zero degrees. The total Har Ki Dun Trek distance is around 56 km.
Click Here to know the Best Time for Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi
Also View: kedarkantha trek Package, Roopkund Trek Package, Chadar Trek Package
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Your City to Delhi
The trip of Har ki Dun Trek Delhi will start from your representative cities to Delhi by flight. At Delhi Airport the vehicle will be waiting for you to start the journey.
Delhi to Dehradun to Sankri (2000m) / Drive 15 Hrs
From Delhi, we will start drive to Sankri the base camp of Har ki Dun Trek, via Dehradun & Mussoorie. This main adventurous journey to Garhwal region of Uttarakhand starts from the capital of Uttarakhand; Dehradun. It is one of the oldest cities in India and has a large number of tourists each year due to its picturesque landscapes and vibrant weather. It is nestled between the Ganges and the Yamuna.
Various historical sites of architectural value can be found here with auspicious temples that are renowned. We will pick you up at 7.00 AM from the Dehradun Railway station and from then on we are the companions of the most awaited trip. We will drive to Sankri via the queen of hills i.e. Mussoorie. Ironically, popular tourist destinations don’t even deserve your attention when you’re on a bigger journey like this.
Mussoorie is not just another hill station on the way but has a pretty rich history in itself. Ruskin Bond, Stephen Alter, and Bill Aitkin (to name a few) all call Mussoorie their home. The British architecture can still be spotted across the town. Snow-clad hills start to show up in the distance from Mussoorie onwards. We will also have the awesome views of “Kempty Falls” en-routing Sankri.
Sankri is the base camp of this exhilarating expedition and the entry point to the charismatic Har Ki Dun. It is a scenic village that is conveniently situated at the astounding pinnacle of 1950 meters, in the Tons Valley with elating views of the Himalayas.
It is magically located 13 km inside the Govind Wildlife Sanctuary. The beautiful sun setting behind the Himalayas coupled with the shimmer of the Swargarohini peak makes Sankri an ideal base camp amidst the ridges. Reaching Sankri, we will explore the scenic hamlet to prepare for the trek that lays ahead and overnight stay at Sankri.
Sankri to Taluka (2100m) to PauniGaraat (2500m) / Drive 1 Hrs / Trek 6 Hrs
On the 3rd Day of Har ki Dun trek after breakfast there will be a short drive to Taluka village will take us to the beginning of our 15 km trek through the forest trails of Gangaad. At first, the trek descends, takes a left turn to let us walk alongside the river Rupin and then loves upwards through an enticing forest of Chestnut, Walnut and Willow trees.
The trail winds upwards through the beautiful forest full of Chestnut, Walnut and Willow trees, and continues to the village of Gangar. Pauni Garaat(altitude of 2500 m) is beautiful abode offers extraordinary sceneries within the prominent mountain backdrops. The Temple of Duryodhana is sited here, which is believed to hold a significant historical significance by the locals.
The tears shed by the locals are believed to have formed the River Tamas when the demise of Duryodhana occurred at the battle of Kurukshetra. Stay will be overnight in camps directly under the magnificent stars with refreshing Campfire.
PauniGaraat to Kalkattiyadhaar (2950m) / Trek 6 Hrs
After breakfast, we will head out on the 12 km trek through the thick forests of Govind National Park which is a pristine landscape with a wonderful mixture of flora & fauna. The Govind National Park (altitude ranges from 1,400 to 6,323 meters above sea level) is situated at the confluence of the Tons (or Supin and Rupin rivers).
The main wildlife species include Snow leopard, Himalayan Black and Brown Bears, Tahr, Bharal, Musk deer, Serow, Mousedeer, Snowcock, Monal, Tragopan, Chir, Chiker, Koklas and Kaley pheasants. There are about fifteen species of large mammal in the sanctuary as well as about one hundred and fifty species of bird.
The colourful Himalayan Monal, the state bird of Uttarakhand, thrives in the forests here. The Har Ki Dun Valley route will be a refreshing balance between steep climbs and leisure level walks. Har Ki Dun is a cradle shaped valley in the majestic Garhwal Himalayan region. It is situated on the foothills of Swargarohini Peak with scenic views of nature’s bounty.
It is home to the enthralling Jaundhar Glacier where nature’s exquisiteness engrosses every traveller. The Har Ki Dun is called the ‘hanging valley of gods’ with high chances of sighting wildlife. The smell of pine combined with the sight of deodar trees will entice your senses whilst you trail through terraced mountain fields, conifer forests, and lush green grasslands.
The coniferous flora on the opposite side of the valley is awesome and is a photographer’s delight. The trail climbs to the ridge locally named as Kalkatti Dhar. Overnight stay will be at Kalkattiyadhaar (altitude of 2950m); above the clouds and closer to the sky!
Kalkattiyadhar to Har Ki Dun (3600m) and Jaundhar Glacier View Point to Kalkattiyadhar / Trek 8 Hrs
And the most exciting dawn of our journey rises as today we will be trekking on completely white snow and grass patches, a complete contrast to the grass we had been walking onto as we continue our trek to Har ki Doon and Jaundhar glaciers (altitude of 4300 m).
Including north and south glaciers of Jaundhar, the total range is about 55 kilometres fully covered with snow and some tiny little green grasses for which you will be coming for the trek in Uttarkashi. And according to the local folklore, where fairies congregate! In our religious scriptures (Granth), it is mentioned that Pandavas went to heaven (Swarga) through the Swargarohini. What a bliss it may, to sit there that is so so far away from your daily office and just soaking the feeling of the surrounding.
We will descend back to Har Ki Dun that day and again a bonfire snacks and maybe some folklore and spooky stories shall occupy you for the rest of the evening before you enjoy a nice and hot freshly cooked dinner before going into your sleeping cocoons with lots of unexplored dreams in your eyes.
Kalkattiyadhar to Pauni Garaat / Trek 5 Hrs
Trace your steps back as we will mark our return journey to Paunigaraat and you can have the same path to reach the destination. While descending, you can have greater views of scenic landscapes and enjoy the natural beauty and fresh energy as much as you wish as we have already started journey heading towards home.
Well, the downhill trek is fun and easy, covers 14 km and takes about 5 hours. The enjoyable night is pretty much guaranteed in the base camp as all the co-trekkers are your best companions now and will have their own idea to have some quality time together one last night by campfire and tents. Spend your night with peace and remove your hamstrings.
Pauni Garaat to Sankri / 5 Hrs
Starting from PauniGaraat, the rays of rising Sun will pave our way to Seema and then to Taluka. The route lies straight by the side of Supin River as if we would get to the source of the river. The history of Seema Village reveals fascinating and often charming aspects of the culture and life of the people of the Village.
Once you set foot in Seema Village, you will see the traces of the historical events that happened here. The best way to learn about the culture and lifestyle of the people of the Village is to get familiar with the enriching history of Seema Village.
Har Ki Dun trek back to Taluka will give us abundant opportunities to take a refreshing bath in tantalizing chilled water of the many streams we cross/pass by. This overnight won’t be the directly under the magnificent sky but certainly on the comforting Bed of a good hotel at Sankri!
Sankri to Delhi / Drive 15 hrs
After finishing the breakfast, We will leave from Sankri for Delhi Airport. It will be around 15-16 hours journey.
Delhi to Your City/ Drive 15 hrs
We will reach Delhi by morning. You can roam in Delhi city on your own. And then, we will board the flight to representative cities. The glorious trip of Har Ki Dun ends here.
Per Person (Delhi to Delhi)
Dehradun to Dehradun : Rs. 10500/- Per Person
- Transport from Delhi to Dehradun – Sankri & Return
- Accommodation during the Har ki Dun trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Campfire at Camps (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment of Har Ki Dun trek (Hiking Pole, Crampons Gaiters, tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader of har Ki Dun trek (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team Of Har Ki Dun Trek (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment of Har Ki Dun trek (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Achievement Certificate of Har Ki Dun Trek
- Memories of Life Time
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your place to the Dehradun
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs.250 Per Day/Per Bag)
- Food during transport from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs. 250/day/bag)
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers. Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi is the best trek for beginners.
- A. Best time to visit Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi is from March to June and October to December month.
- A. Jaundhar Glacier is the highest point of Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi situated at the height of 4300m/14000 ft.
- A. Dehradun is around 250km from Delhi by road. So many trains are well connected to Dehradun and as well Haridwar, which is 50km away from Dehradun. The nearest airport is Jolly Grand Airport.
- A. For a small group of up to 5-6 people we provide Tata sumo or Mahindra Bolero and for a group of more than 10 people, we provide 13 seaters, Tempo Traveller.
- A. During daytime temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10° in Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. During Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi the stay will be in hiking tents so there is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. In Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi group size would be around 15-20 people.
- A. In Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi there will be 2 experienced guides depending on the group size.
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless on their demand.
- A. During Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi we provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. We suggest you carry an original ID card and a photograph during the Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents during Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi.
- Yes, During Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi Sudden weather changes are expected, we suggest you to always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Sankri you will get a BSNL mobile network. In other locations of Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi, you won’t have any network.
- A. During the Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi, you will get electricity only in Sankri.
- A. After Dehradun, the last ATM will be at Purola on the route, it is advised to keep required.
- A. Yes, this Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi is full of surprises for shutterbugs. However, keep checking on the warning boards if it is not permitted at some places then avoid it.
- A. The Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi is the group activity and Trek leaders have the responsibility of the whole trek in place of individual one so customized menus will be difficult to be available. However, you can ask for customization, if possible you can for it we will try to make it available.
- A. Yes, Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi is very safe for female solo travelers.
- A. Yes, you can carry your own tent but we do not suggest carrying your tent because it will increase the weight of your luggage.
- A. Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi is part of Govind Ballabh National Park. It is a natural reserve for many Himalayan species.
- A. Distance between Mussoorie and Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi is approx 152 km. And a lot of public transport available from Sankri village.
- A. Sankri is approx 235 km away from Haridwar. You can hire a private tourist cab or you can go by the government or private bus from Sankri.
- A. Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi is an easy to moderate level trek. So any beginner can do it easily.
- A. Physical fitness is required for Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi, you should involve yourself in physical activities like running, skipping, and some yoga breathing exercises.
- A. Yes, you can go to Har Ki Dun Trek Delhi along with your family. The trek is easy however physical fitness is required.
We believe that your opinion will guide us.
great experience away from disturbance.
The great experience away from any disturbance. You see how people can live happily without unwanted desires and lust for worldly pleasures. Pure air and thoughts at the mercy of nature in the lap of nature.
did this trek twice and best experience both the time
I did this trek twice and both the times it was just before Monsoons. The whole valley turns green and it’s very surreal to experience the whole path. I got to see the beautiful sky filled with infinite stars each day, slept in the tents with sound of a river flowing so near, waking up to views of snow-capped mountains and no mobile networks to care what is going on in the world. It has been a memorable experience and I was lucky to do this twice
food and all the services were great
Aahvan is the best! We had such a great time; the climb up and down was heavenly (albeit a little painful for some of us who don’t exercise at all), the food was comforting and warm, and the tents were spacious and clean. We’re definitely coming back again
I had a great trek and holiday
I went on a trek with friends organised through Aahvanadventure. It was an amazing experience. The organisers were very professional and very safety conscious. They helped me right from choosing equipment to booking flights. the main organiser was very accessible on WhatsApp and email. If I were to do another trek in India I would do it with aahvan. The food was superb. Thanks to AAHVAN and his crew I had a great trek and holiday ( Har ki Dhun)
Guide was so gentle and nice
Wonderful trek. Very good arrangement Helpful & cordial We didn’t have any trouble. Highlight is the guide Dinesh He was so gentle & nice, extremely helpful. Would strogly recommend
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
06 Nov to 14 Nov (OPEN)
13 Nov to 21 Nov (OPEN)
20 Nov to 28 Nov (OPEN)
27 Nov to 05 Dec to (OPEN)
04 Dec to 12 Dec (OPEN)
11 Dec to 19 Dec (OPEN)
05 Mar to 13 Mar (OPEN)
12 Mar to 20 Mar (OPEN)
19 Mar to 27 Mar (OPEN)
26 Mar to 03 Apr (OPEN)
02 Apr to 10 Apr (OPEN)
09 Apr to 17 Apr (OPEN)
16 Apr to 24 Apr (OPEN)
23 Apr to 01 May (OPEN)
30 April to 08 May (OPEN)
07 May to 15 May (OPEN)
14 May to 22 May (OPEN)
21 May to 29 May (OPEN)
28 May to 05 Jun (OPEN)
04 Jun to 12 Jun (OPEN)
11 Jun to 19 Jun (OPEN)
18 Jun to 26 Jun (OPEN)
25 Jun to 03 Jul (OPEN)
Day 01: Your City to Delhi
Day 02: Delhi to Dehradun to Sankri
Day 03: Sankri – paunigaraat
Day 04: PauniGaraat to Kalkattiyadhaar
Day 05: Kalkattiyadhar to Har Ki Doon
Day 06 : Kalkattiyadhar to Pauni Garaat
Day 07 : Pauni Garaat to Sankri
Day 08 : Sankri to Delhi
Day 09 : Delhi to Your City