The most liked summer trek
Har Ki Dun Trek
The Har Ki Dun Trek location is at the base of the majestic peak of “Fateh Parvat”, it surmounts at a height of 3556 meters in the Garhwal Himalayas. This cradle shaped hanging valley offers a variety of enchanting explorations ranging from nature’s compassion to bird viewing. Scattered with Himalayan flowers, the valley is also packed with thrilling wildlife.
Plunge ahead through Osla with propitious encounters with deer and bores before you stroll to the euphoric Har Ki Dun Pass. Har ki Dun Trek is to witness the frozen glaciers of Jaundhar and Swargarohini while charming landscapes of prairie and snowflakes garnish your scrutiny.
You will be left awestruck after seeing those majestic glaciers and mountains surrounding you from all three sides!
Har Ki Dun Trek route passes through the Himalayan ghats, picturesque views of hills, valleys, gorges, and forests. And is commonplace for photography enthusiasts. Follow the trail of Pandavas who took the very same route to ascend to heaven via Swargarohini, the mountain that dominates the Har Ki Dun valley.
This is the only valley from where you can see Swargarohini, Bandarpoonch, and Black peak, all together. You can also see the Ruinsara peaks from here. Har ki Dun Trek difficulty level is easy to moderate, that’s why much the first-time trekker chooses to go on this trek.
The Har ki dun trek itinerary starts from the beautiful Sankri village. The total Har Ki Dun Trek Distance is around 45 to 48 km with some easy and some stiffed climb. The best time to visit Har Ki Doon Trek is from April to June month, this month’s har ki dun temperature during night times falls up to zero degrees.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
The trip which leads you to the Har Ki Dun Trek will start from Dehradun Railway Station with a morning pick up at 7.00 AM. We will drive to Sankri, via Mussourrie, alongside the Yamuna and Tons rivers.
The drive also passes by beautiful pine forests. On reaching Sankri, we will explore the scenic hamlet to prepare for the trek that lies ahead. That is it for the first day of Har ki Dun Trek. Over night stay at Sankri.
On the 2nd Day of Har ki Dun trekking, after breakfast there will be a short drive to Taluka village will take us to the beginning of our 15 km trek through the forest trails of Gangaad.
At first, the trek descends, takes a left turn to let us walk alongside the river Rupin and then loves upwards through an enticing forest of Chestnut, Walnut and Willow trees.
The trail winds upwards through the beautiful forest full of Chestnut, Walnut and Willow trees, and continues to the village of Gangar. Pauni Garaat(altitude of 2500 m) is beautiful abode offers extraordinary sceneries within the prominent mountain backdrops.
The Temple of Duryodhana is sited here, which is believed to hold a significant historical significance by the locals. The tears shed by the locals are believed to have formed the River Tamas when the demise of Duryodhana occurred at the battle of Kurukshetra.
Stay will be overnight in camps directly under the magnificent stars with refreshing Campfire.
After breakfast, we will head out on the 12 km trek through the thick forests of Govind National Park which is a pristine landscape with a wonderful mixture of flora & fauna.
The Govind National Park (altitude ranges from 1,400 to 6,323 meters above sea level) is situated at the confluence of the Tons (or Supin and Rupin rivers).
The main wildlife species include Snow leopard, Himalayan Black and Brown Bears, Tahr, Bharal, Musk deer, Serow, Mousedeer, Snowcock, Monal, Tragopan, Chir, Chiker, Koklas and Kaley pheasants.
There are about fifteen species of large mammal in the sanctuary as well as about one hundred and fifty species of bird. The colourful Himalayan Monal, the state bird of Uttarakhand, thrives in the forests here. The Har Ki Dun Valley route will be a refreshing balance between steep climbs and leisure level walks.
Har Ki Dun is a cradle shaped valley in the majestic Garhwal Himalayan region. It is situated on the foothills of Swargarohini Peak with scenic views of nature’s bounty.
It is home to the enthralling Jaundhar Glacier where nature’s exquisiteness engrosses every traveller. The Har Ki Dun is called the ‘hanging valley of gods’ with high chances of sighting wildlife.
The smell of pine combined with the sight of deodar trees will entice your senses whilst you trail through terraced mountain fields, conifer forests, and lush green grasslands.
The coniferous flora on the opposite side of the valley is awesome and is a photographer’s delight. The trail climbs to the ridge locally named as Kalkatti Dhar. Overnight stay will be at Kalkattiyadhaar (altitude of 2950m); above the clouds and closer to the sky!
And the most exciting dawn of our journey rises as today we will be trekking on completely white snow and grass patches, a complete contrast to the grass we had been walking onto as we continue our trek to Har ki Doon and Jaundhar glaciers (altitude of 4300 m).
Including north and south glaciers of Jaundhar, the total range is about 55 kilometres fully covered with snow and some tiny little green grasses for which you will be coming for the trek in Uttarkashi. And according to the local folklore, where fairies congregate! In our religious scriptures (Granth).
It is mentioned that Pandavas went to heaven (Swarga) through the Swargarohini. What a bliss it may, to sit there that is so so far away from your daily office and just soaking the feeling of the surrounding.
We will descend back to Har Ki Dun that day and again a bonfire snacks and maybe some folklore and spooky stories shall occupy you for the rest of the evening before you enjoy a nice and hot freshly cooked dinner before going into your sleeping cocoons with lots of unexplored dreams in your eyes.
Trace your steps back as we will mark our return journey to Paunigaraat and you can have the same path to reach the destination.
While descending, you can have greater views of scenic landscapes and enjoy the natural beauty and fresh energy as much as you wish as we have already started journey heading towards home.
Well, the downhill trek is fun and easy, covers 14 km and takes about 5 hours. The enjoyable night is pretty much guaranteed in the base camp as all the co-trekkers are your best companions now and will have their own idea to have some quality time together one last night by campfire and tents.
Spend your night with peace and remove your hamstrings.
Starting from PauniGaraat, the rays of rising Sun will pave our way to Seema and then to Taluka. The route lies straight by the side of Supin River as if we would get to the source of the river.
The history of Seema Village reveals fascinating and often charming aspects of the culture and life of the people of the Village.
Once you set foot in Seema Village, you will see the traces of the historical events that happened here. The best way to learn about the culture and lifestyle of the people of the Village is to get familiar with the enriching history of Seema Village.
Har Ki Dun trek back to Taluka will give us abundant opportunities to take a refreshing bath in tantalizing chilled water of the many streams we cross/pass by. This overnight won’t be the directly under the magnificent sky but certainly on the comforting Bed of a good hotel at Sankri!
Per Person (Dehradun to Dehradun)
- Transport from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Accommodation during the Har Ki Dun trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Campfire at Camps (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment For Har Ki Dun Trek (Hiking Pole, Crampons,
- Gaiters, tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader of Har Ki Dun Trek (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team Of Har Ki Dun Trek (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment for Har Ki Dun Trek (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Achievement Certificate of Har Ki Dun Trek
- Memories of Life Time of Har Ki Dun Trek
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your place to the Dehradun
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs.250 Per Day/Per Bag)
- Food during transport from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs. 250/day/bag)
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. Har Ki Dun trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers. Har Ki Dun trek is the best trek for beginners.
- A. For Har Ki Dun Trek best time to visit during summer is from March to June, And in Autumn season from September to November.
- A. Jaundhar Glacier is the highest point of Har Ki Dun trek situated at the height of 4300m/14000 ft.
- A. Dehradun is around 250km from Delhi by road. So many trains are well connected to Dehradun and as well Haridwar, which is 50km away from Dehradun. The nearest airport is Jolly Grand Airport.
- A.For a small group of upto 5-6 people we provide Tata sumo or Mahindra Bolero and for a group of more than 10 people we provide 13 seater Tempo Traveller.
- A. During winters daytime temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10°
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. During Har Ki Dun trek the stay will be in hiking tents so there is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. In Har Ki Dun Trek group size would be around 15-20 people.
- A. In Har Ki Dun trek there will be 2 experienced guides depending on the group size.
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless on their demand.
- A. During trek we provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. We suggest you to carry an original ID card and a photograph during the Har Ki Dun trek.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents during Har Ki Dun Trek.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, we suggest you to always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Sankri you will get BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. Yes, Har Ki Dun trek is safe for solo travelers.
- A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Sankri.
- A. After Dehradun, the last ATM will be at Purola on the route, it is advised to keep required.
- A. Yes, this Har Ki Dun Trek is full of surprises for shutterbugs. However, keep checking on the warning boards if it is not permitted at some places then avoid it.
- A. The Har Ki Dun trek is the group activity and Trek leaders have the responsibility of the whole trek in place of individual one so customized menus will be difficult to be available. However you can ask for customization, if possible you can for it we will try to make it available.
- A. Yes, Har Ki Dun trek is very safe for female solo travelers.
- A.Yes, you can carry your own tent but we do not suggest to carry your tent because it will increase the weight of your luggage.
- A. Kedarkantha trek is the part of Govind Ballabh National Park. It is a natural reserve for many Himalayan species.
- A. Distance between Mussoorie and Kedarkantha is approx 152 kms. And many public transport available from Sankri village.
- A. Sankri is approx 235 kms away from Haridwar. You can hire a private tourist cab or you can go with government or private bus from Sankri.
- A. Har Ki Dun trek is easy to moderate level trek. So any beginner can do it easily.
- A. Physical fitness is required for Har Ki Dun trek, you should involve yourself in physical activities like running, skipping, and some yoga breathing exercises.
- A. Yes, you can go for Har Ki Dun trek along with your family. The trek is easy however physical fitness is required.
- A. Har Ki Dun from Sankri is approx 25 kms.
- A. Har Ki Dun from Delhi is approx 300 kms.
- A. In Har Ki Dun trek Package we provide food, accommodation, transportation and all the required trakking gears.
Har Ki Dun Trek Images
We believe that your opinion will guide us.
Har Ki Dun trek experience
In Har Ki Dun trek guide was so supportive and gave the complete details of every place while trekking.
The trek is a little tough for beginner but the team keep motivating us and made it possible.
Beautiful sunrise from mountains
I wish that trekking expedition just didn’t end. I felt like staying there forever. Nature is so peaceful, calm and beautiful. I didn’t feel like going back to the same old busy city life nature is so welcoming it makes you feel loved and gives you a sense of inner peace and happiness. I just truly enjoyed my trek. Witnessing the beautiful sunrise in the mountains was the most beautiful part of my trek. I just can’t wait to join you guys again for an adventure trip. Thanks a ton!!
Forgot to say thanks to Mr Anas after talking to whom I was convinced to go ahead for this trek.
One feedback is the chai could be better, with more ginger and Kadak.
Three Cheers to Team Aahvan !
Team was amazing.
Thank you for giving us a lovely and adventurous trekking experience. I and my family were trekking for the first time ever and we all weren’t sure that we would make it as we all were of different age groups. But as we started trekking the environment gave us some strange energy and we felt extremely refreshed by the cool pure breezes and we didn’t even feel that we were hiking the mountains. And the team just keeps you engaged with their descriptions of this beautiful place Har Ki dun. Trekking Har Ki Dun in the month of November was the bets decision. Thank you Aahvan!
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
07 Nov to 13 Nov (FULL)
16 Nov to 22 Nov (FULL)
22 Nov to 28 Nov (FULL)
28 Nov to 04 Dec (FULL)
05 Dec to 11 Dec (3 Seats Left)
12 Dec to 18 Dec (8 Seats Left)
06 Mar to 12 Mar (OPEN)
13 Mar to 19 Mar (OPEN)
20 Mar to 26 Mar (OPEN)
27 Mar to 02 Apr (OPEN)
03 Apr to 09 Apr (OPEN)
10 Apr to 16 Apr (OPEN)
17 Apr to 23 Apr (OPEN)
24 Apr to 30 Apr (OPEN)
01 May to 07 May (OPEN)
08 May to 14 May (OPEN)
15 May to 21 May (OPEN)
22 May to 28 May (OPEN)
29 May to 04 Jun (OPEN)
05 Jun to 11 Jun (OPEN)
12 Jun to 18 Jun (OPEN)
19 Jun to 25 Jun (OPEN)
26 Jun to 02 Jul (OPEN)
Day 01: Dehradun – Sankri
Day 02: Sankri – PauniGaraat
Day 03: PauniGaraat to Kalkattiyadhaar
Day 04: Kalkattiyadhar to Har Ki Doon
Day 05: Kalkattiyadhar to Pauni Garaat
Day 06 : Pauni Garaat to Sankri
Day 07 : (Return) Sankri to Dehradun