Indrahar Pass Trek
One of the many mountain passes of the Dhauladar range of the Himalayas, Indrahar Pass is at an altitude of 4,432 meters, near Dharamshala, one of the most popular tourist towns in Himachal Pradesh. The pass forms the border between the district of Kangra and Chamba and our promising trek starts from Mcleodganj, knows as the ‘Little Tibet of India’ and popular as Dalai Lama’s abode.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Mcleodganj Trek from Dharamkot to Triund Hill (9 Kms, 6 Hrs)
Reach our Base Camp at Dharamkot, freshen up and then we will begin our trek at around 10 am. It is a beautiful walk through mixed forests of the deodar, oak and rhododendron.. It is a 4-5 hour steep ascent through dense oak, pine and deodar forests.We’ll have lunch at a scenic spot. Triund is located on a hill with a fantastic view of the Kangra Valley on one side and the Dhauladhar Mountains on the other.
The first 2 kilometres are a steep climb, but after Galu Devi temple, the ascent becomes more gradual. The final 1 km is a steep climb through the woods. Triund is a ridgetop meadow with a flat meadow. A panoramic view of the Dhauladhar range on one side and Kangra valley on the other is a memorable sight from here. Tents can be used for the night.
Trek from Triund to Laka Got
After a short lived ascent from Triund, we traverse a ridge to reach Laka Got, a temporary shepherd camp where we can acclimate to the steep ascent in altitude. Laka Got is located at the snout of a small glacier that is covered in snow and ice in the early summer and melts away during the monsoon season. we’ll also have some snow activities. At Laka Got, spend the night in the camp.
Trek from Laka Got – Indrahar Pass – Laka Got
Start early in the morning because the weather would be poor later in the day. Early in the summer (April to May), the trail is coated in snow and ice, necessitating the use of suitable equipment. The trek provides us with panoramic views of the PirPanjal range in the Central Himalayas. If you are interested in a thrilling snow trek, the glaciers are full of snow till June.
There is no snow or ice during the post-monsoon season (September to November), and a small path leads up to the pass. Reaching the pass takes three to four hours, and returning takes another three hours. The entire PirPanjal range of the central Himalayas can be seen from the pass. Back to Laka Got forThe central Himalayan Panjal range is a sight to behold. Return to Laka Got for the night.
Laka Got – Mcleodganj
On the way back, take the same or a different route through Triund. This will be based on the amount of snow. If there is less snow, we will take a different route from Triund, passing through a grassy meadow before descending to Bhagsu Nag and Mcleodganj. We’ll all board our respective buses later that evening, but we’ll all be taking a pocketful of memories with us.
Per Person (Mcleodganj to Mcleodganj)
- Accommodation during Indrahar Pass trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Campfire at Camps (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment Indrahar Pass Trek (Hiking Pole, Crampons, Gaiters, tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader of Indrahar Pass Trek (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team of Indrahar Pass Trek (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment of Indrahar Pass Trek (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Achievement Certificate for Indrahar Pass Trek
- Memories of Life Time of Indrahar Pass Trek
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Backpack offloading charges
- Personal expenses of any kind on Indrahar Pass Trek
- Anything apart from the inclusions of Indrahar Pass Trek
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. Indrahar Pass Trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A. December-April is the best trek Indrahar Pass Trek
- A. Kedarkantha Peak 4,432m
- A. Dehradun is around 250km from Delhi by road. So many trains are well connected to Dehradun and as well Haridwar, which is 50km away from Dehradun. The nearest airport is Jolly Grand Airport.
- A. Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Mahindra Bolero
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10°
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. 20-30 People
- A. 2 guides
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Sankri you will get BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Sankri.
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
22 May to 25 May (OPEN)
29 May to 01 Jun (OPEN)
05 Jun to 08 Jun (OPEN)
12 Jun to 15 Jun (OPEN)
19 Jun to 22 Jun (OPEN)
26 Jun to 29 Jun (OPEN)
03 Jul to 06 Jul (OPEN)
10 Jul to 13 Jul (OPEN)
17 Jul to 20 Jul (OPEN)
24 Jul to 27 Aug (OPEN)
31 Jul to 03 Aug (OPEN)
07 Aug to 10 Aug (OPEN)
14 Aug to 17 Aug (OPEN)
Day 01: Mcleodganj to Triund Hill
Day 02:Triund to Laka Got
Day 03: Laka Got – Indrahar Pass
Day 04 : Laka Got – Mcleodganj