Kafni Glacier Trek
The Kafni Glacier is located in the upper reaches of the Kumaon Himalayas, to the southeast of Nanda Devi in the state of Uttarakhand. The Kafni glacier is the source of Kafni River, a tributary of the Pindar River which later joins the Ganges. The Pindar River is a tributary to Alaknanda River, which eventually is one of the two headstreams of the Ganges. This is comparatively small glacier but a popular trekking destination along with Pindari Glacier. The Kafni Glacier trek is easy to moderate and one can experience an exhilarating journey while trekking in the Himalayas.
COST OF KAFNI GLACIER TRIP
Rs. 26,100/- Per Person (Sharing Basis)
Kathgodham to Kathgodham
Please arrive at Dehradun on 7 a.m.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Kathgodham to Bageshwar
So, the adventurous journey OF Kafni Glacier trek begins from Kathgodham Railway station with a morning pickup at 7 A.M. We will drive towards Bageshwar which is located at the conflux of Gomati, Saryu and Bhagirathi River. The distance is of around 160 kms from Kathgodham to Bageshwar and will take us around 5-6 hours to reach there. Overnight stay will be at the lodge.
Bageshwar – Song – Loharkhet
After having breakfast we will drive towards Song and from here we will trek towards Loharkhet, which will take us around 4-5 hours to complete. Loharkhet is a small village or settlement on the banks of River Saryu. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Loharkhet to Khati
Post breakfast we will start trekking towards Khati which is a big village in transit to Pindari. The walking trail of Kafni Glacier trek will take us through pasturelands and captivating sceneries, offering the beautiful views of towering peaks. Overnight stay will be at camps
Khati to Phurkia
After having a health breakfast we will warm-up a bit and stretch ourselves so that we are all set to Kafni Glacier trek. We will start trekking towards Phurkia. The trail of Kafni Glacier trek takes you through beautiful alpine meadows, uplands and valleys. The trekking distance from Khati to Phurkia is 9-10 Kms which will take us around 4-5 hours to reach there. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Phurkia – Zero Point – Dwali
Waking-up early in the morning witness the glorious sunrise in the mountains, post breakfast start trekking towards Zero Point of Kafni Glacier trek from where you can catch the glimpse Pindari Glacier. After spending some time at Zero Point and soaking all the beauty we will trek towards Dwali. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Dwali – Kafni – Dwali
After early breakfast start trekking towards Kafni Glacier, today’s trek is long as the climb is quite steep and will take us 7-8 hours to complete it. On reaching the Glacier we will spend some time exploring the captivating beauty of magnificent Himalayan ranges and after spending some time there we will trek down to Dwali. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Dwali to Dhakuri
Post breakfast we will start trekking towards Dhakuri. Dhakuri is the gateway to two of the most beautiful valleys of Kumaon-Pindari and Sundardhunga. The Kafni Glacier trek offers you the gorgeous beauty of Dhakuri, it as a high altitude meadow comprising of picturesque beauty and surrounded by lush green valleys. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Dhakuri – Song – Bageshwar
After early morning breakfast we will start trekking towards Song and from there we will drive back to Bageshwar. Say goodbye to the magnificent snow-clad peaks and capture the moments in your camera as much as you can. Overnight stay will be at Bageshwar.
Bageshwar to Kathgodham
Putting an end to our adventurous and memorable journey Kafni Glacier trek we will drive back to Kathgodham from Bageshwar post breakfast. The journey will take around 5-6 hours.
Per Person (Kathgodham to Kathgodham)
- Accommodation during Kafni Glacier trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Campfire at Camps (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment of Kafni Glacier trek (Hiking Pole, Crampons, Gaiters, tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader of Kafni Glacier trek (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team of Kafni Glacier trek (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment of Kafni Glacier trek (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Achievement Certificate for Kafni Glacier trek
- Memories of Life Time of Kafni glacier trek
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your place to the Dehradun
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs.250 Per Day/Per Bag)
- Food during transport from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs. 250/day/bag)
- Personal expenses of any kind on Kafni Glacier trek
- Anything apart from the inclusions of Kafni Glacier trek
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]vanadventures.com
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. This trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A. March-June & October-December
- A. Har Ki Dun 3600m
- A. Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Mahindra Bolero
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10°
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. 20-30 People
- A. 2 guides
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Sankri you will get BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Sankri.
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
Day 01: Kathgodham to Bageshwar
Day 02: Bageshwar – Song – Loharkhet
Day 03: Loharkhet to Khati
Day 04: Khati to Phurkia
Day 05:Phurkia – Zero Point – Dwali
Day 06 : Dwali – Kafni – Dwali
Day 07 : Dwali to Dhakuri
Day 08 : Dhakuri – Song – Bageshwar
Day 09 : Bageshwar to Kathgodham