Kalindi Khal Trek
Kalindi Khal is a high-altitude trekking expedition from Gangotri to Badrinath in the Garhwal Himalayan region of India. Kalindi Khal Trek is an extremely challenging expedition-style traverse of the Kalindi Khal Pass in spectacular Garhwal Himalayas connecting Gangotri and Badrinath. The journey en-route Kalindi Khal unfolds views of some of the highest and most majestic peaks of the Indian Himalayan range – Shivling at 6,543 m, Meru at 6,630 m, Kedar Dome at 6,808 m, Bhagirathi group at 6,856 m, Nilkantha at 6,506 m, Chandra Parvat at 6,728 m, Avalanche Peak at 6,413 m, Kamet at 7,756 m Mana at 7,272 m and Abi Gamin at 7,355 m.The route involves a trek over rough glaciers, rocky screens and crevassed snowfields.
Why Kalindi Khal?
Kalindi Khal is an extremely challenging and steep incline trek yet adventurous, in the Himalayan region. The trail takes you through glaciers, rocky path and snowfields. It is a tough and challenging trek but will reward you with the picturesque views of beautiful landscapes. And the breath-taking beauty of Mother Nature will blow your mind. The speciality of Kalindi Khal trek is that the route takes you half way round Garhwal from the Bhagirathi River Valley to the Alaknanda river Valley.
Khalindi Khal trip is advised only for those who have a prior experience of high altitude treks. Khalindi Khal trek is quite thrilling. Even experienced trekkers find it quite challenging and tough as some of the stretches on this trek are not for the faint-hearted! But as it is said nothing is impossible, go ahead and give it a try.
COST OF KHALINDI KHAL TRIP
Rs. 32,500/- Per Person (Sharing Basis)
Rishikesh to Rishikesh
Please arrive at Dehradun on 7 a.m.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Rishikesh to Gangotri
We will start our adventurous journey of Kalindi khal trek with an early morning pickup at 7 A.M from Rishikesh and drive towards Gangotri. The journey will keep you enthusiastic as you will be accompanied by some most beautiful picturesque views during the journey. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Gangotri to Bhojwasa
After having a healthy breakfast we will start trekking towards Bhojwasa following the river Bhagirathi on right bank. It will take us around 5-6 hours to complete the trek; the distance is approximately 14 kms from Gangotri to Bhojwasa. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Bhojwasa to Tapovan via Gomukh
Rise early in the morning and enjoy the panoramic view of golden sunrise in the majestic mountains. After having a hot yummy breakfast we will be heading towards Gomukh-The source of Ganges and after spending some time there we will move forwards to Tapovan. The trail takes us through beautiful alpine meadows and greenery. Overnight stay will be at Tapovan campsite.
Tapovan to Nandanvan
We will warm-up and stretch ourselves a bit so that we are energetic throughout the day to trek. We trek down to Nandanvan via Gomukh Glacier. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Nandanvan to Vasuki Tal
Post breakfast we will start trekking towards the beautiful Vasuki Tal. It is a high glacial lake situated at an altitude of 14,200 feet. Trekking to this icy lake is an experience for lifetime. Overnight stay will be at camps beside this gleaming lake.
Vasuki Tal to Khara Pathar or Suraiaya Bamak
After having a luscious breakfast we will start trekking towards Khara Pathar or Suraiaya Bamak which will take us around 4-5 hours to reach there. It is a steep climb over the moraine for about 5-6 kms. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Khara Pathar to Kalindi Khal Base
Post breakfast we will be heading towards Kalindi Khal Base -Sweta Glacier- (5500 mt.), the trekking distance is about 10-11 kms and will take us around 4-5 hours to reach there. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Kalindi Khal Base to Raja Parav
Rising up to a lovely morning we will be heading towards Kalindi Pass and after soaking the beauty and spending some time there we further trek towards Raja Parav. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Raja Parav to Arwatal
Today, post breakfast we will be heading towards Arwatal. Trekking to Arwatal is a rewarding experience. The trail is of about 13 kms which will take us around 6-7 hours to reach there. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Arwatal to Ghastoli
After having a healthy yummy breakfast we will start trekking towards Ghastoli. The trail will be a long one of about 16 kms and will take us about 5-6 hours to reach there. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Ghastoli to Mana-Badrinath
After stretching a bit and having a healthy breakfast we will start trekking and after a 6-7 hours of trek we will reach Mana village, last village before the border. After having lunch we will move further towards the Badrinath town-The popular pilgrimage town of Hindus. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Badrinath to Rishikesh
This is the last day of our adventurous trek and we will drive back to Rishikesh from Badrinath saying goodbye to the magnificent peaks, gushing streams and lush green valleys.
Per Person (Sharing Basis)
- Accommodation during the trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment (Hiking Pole, Crampons,Gaiters, tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your place to the Kathmandu
- Backpack offloading charges
- Food during transport from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Backpack offloading charges
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. Kalindi Khal trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A. Mid May to Mid June is the best time for Kalindi Khal trek
- A. Abi Gamin at 7,355 m is the higest point of Khalindi khal terk
- A. Rishikesh is around 240km from Delhi by road. So many trains are well connected to Rishikesh and as well Haridwar, which is 19km away from Dehradun. The nearest airport is Jolly Grand Airport.
- A. Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Mahindra Bolero
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10° during kalindi Khal trek
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. 20-30 People is the group Size of Kalindi Khal trek
- A. 2 guides are ther in one batch of Kalindi Khal trek
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner during Kalindi Kahl trek
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Gangotri you will get BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During Kalindi kahl trek, you will get electricity only in Gangotri.
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
Day 01: Rishikesh to Gangotri
Day 02: Gangotri to Bhojwasa
Day 03: Bhojwasa to Tapovan via Gomukh
Day 04: Tapovan to Nandanvan
Day 05: Nandanvan to Vasuki Tal
Day 06 : Vasuki Tal to Khara Pathar or Suraiaya Bamak
Day 07 : Khara Pathar to Kalindi Khal Base
Day 08 : Kalindi Khal Base to Raja Parav
Day 09 : Raja Parav to Arwatal
Day 10 : Arwatal to Ghastoli
Day 11 : Ghastoli to Mana-Badrinath
Day 12 : Badrinath to Rishikesh