Kanamo Peak Trek
If you wish to enjoy the thrill of climbing up a trek to an altitude of 6000 m, Mt. Kanamo Peak. Kanamo Peak Trek is the ideal trek for you! Passing through the Spiti Valley, you will come across old rustic monasteries, experience the culture of the high altitude hamlets and then camp by the mesmerizing Chandratal – the highlight of the whole trek. Sweeping views of Kullu, Kinnaur and Ladakh will greet you from afar.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Manali (2000m) – Batal (3907m) Drive/5-6 hrs
After breakfast, we will drive to Batal Kanamo Peak Trek base camp through a route that will lead us through the rich green valleys of Kullu and Manali to the Rohtang Pass. Here, we will rest a bit and then procees downhill to the Lahaul and Spiti Valley. A short acclimatisation trek will follow. Overnight stay in tents.
Batal (3907m) – Chandratal (4300m) Trek/6 hrs
Post a heavy breakfast, we will cross the Chandra river and will start ascending from Batal. A long 6-hour trek will then take us to the utmost beautiful, Chandratal Lake, the water body that derives its name from the half moon shape. Unique sights of the Bara Shigri glacier peek at us from in between the surrounding mighty Himalayas as we turn in for an overnight stay in tents.
Chandratal (4300m) – Kunzum La (4600m) – Kibber (4250m) Trek/3-4 hrs & Drive/5-6 hrs
After a quick breakfast, we will commence our trek to Kunzum Pass, at a towering altitude of 4,600 m. The today’s trail of Kanamo peak trek is light and pleasant in nature and will let you enjoy the semi-arid terrain. Next, we will drive to Kibber where we can tour the monastery in the evening and soak in the oddly beautiful Spitian scenery. We will also learn more about the stone houses, along with the agricultural grounds at this high altitude hamket.
Kibber (4250m) – Kanamo basecamp (4800m) Trek/5-6 hrs
We will set out for our destination today, the Kanamo peak base camp, as soon as we have acclimatized completely to the air. Today’s trail of Kanamo peak trek will involve a steep but gradual climb to the base camp, above Kibber village. On our way, we will pass by a tiny lake which is the water source for the Kaza town. Overnight stay in tents.
Kanamo basecamp (4800m) – Kanamo peak summit (6000m) – Kanamo basecamp (4800m) Trek/8-9 hrs
A heavy breakfast later, we will begin our climb to the top of the 6,000 m peak. The trek involves crossing two shoulders in the mountain, followed by ascending to the ridge that will take us to the top. Depending on the season, if we encounter a little snow, we advise you to be cautious.
The summit will surprise you with delightful panoramic views of the Parang La pass that leads to Ladakh, the Pin Parvati Pass that leads to the Kullu valley, the Kinnaur ranges, Lahaul and Spiti valleys and much more. The weather and conditions will determine how long we stay on the summit, after a point we will start descending to our camp and stay there overnight, after we celebrate the trek’s success!
Kanamo basecamp (4800m) – Kibber (4250m) – Kaza Trek/4 hrs & Drive/30 mins
This morning will offer you the most stunning views of the summit and after a relaxing breakfast, we will head back to Kibber. Next, we will drive to a hotel in Kaza where we will freshen up and then explore the surroundings. Post lunch, one can choose to engage in rafting on the Spiti river, even if you are a beginner or don’t know how to swim. Overnight stay in the hotel.
(Return) Kaza – Manali Drive/8 hrs
With the morning breakfast we will head towards Manali by driving as its the last day of our Kanamo peak trek. from Manali we all will had back to our own home towns, with the life long memories of Kanamo peak trek.
Per Person (Manali to Manali)
Delhi to Delhi : Rs. 13,500/- Per Person
- Transport from Manali to Kanamo peak Trek & Return
- Accommodation during the Kanamo Peak trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Campfire at Camps (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment of Kanamo peak trek(Hiking Pole, Crampons, Gaiters, tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader of Kanamo peak trek (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team of Kanamo peak trek (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment of Kanamo peak trek (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Achievement Certificate of Kanamo peak trek
- Memories of Life Time
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your place to the Dehradun
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs.250 Per Day/Per Bag)
- Food during transport from Dehradun to Batal & Return
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs. 250/day/bag)
- Personal expenses of any kind on Kanamo peak Trek
- Anything apart from the inclusions of Kanamo peak trek.
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. Kanamo peak trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A. March-June
& October-December is the best time for Kanamo peak trek
- A. Kanamo Peak 6000 m
- A. Manali is around 535 km from Delhi by road. So many trains are well connected to Manali. The nearest airport is Kullu Manali airport Airport.
- A. Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Mahindra Bolero
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10° during the Kanamo peak trek
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. 20-30 People Group is there on Kanamo Peak trek
- A. 2 guides will be there in one batch of Kanamo peak trek
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Batal you will get BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Batal.
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
Day 01: Manali to Batal
Day 02: Batal to Chandratal
Day 03: Chandra Tal to Kibber
Day 04: Kibber – Kanamo basecamp
Day 05: Kanamo basecamp
Day 06 : Kanamo basecamp to Kaza Trek
Day 07 : (Return) Kaza – Manali