Kareri lake trek
Kareri Lake is best known for being a Dhauladhars trekking destination. From early December to March–April, the lake is frozen. On a hilltop overlooking the lake, there is a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and Shakti. Kareri Lake (also known as Kumarwah Lake) is a high-altitude, shallow freshwater lake located 9 kilometres north of Dharamsala in Kangra district, Himachal Pradesh, south of the Dhauladhar range.
It has a surface elevation of 2934 metres above sea level. The lake and a stream are fed by snowmelt from the Dhauladhar range, with Nyund serving as the outflow. Since the source is fresh melting snow and the lake is shallow, water visibility is excellent, and the lake bed can be seen in most areas.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Report to our base camp in Kareri Village and ready for a thrilling and challenging climb. Today’s walk will take anywhere from 4 to 5 hours, but it will be well worth it. The route follows a small mountainous river known as Fund, which must be crossed many times. Some crossings will require the use of makeshift bridges, while others will necessarily require walking on riverine boulders.
The majestic and velvety alpine grassland that will be your campsite for the night is located at an elevation of approximately 8038 feet above sea level.
What follows is the most important part of the Kareri Lake trekking tour as it will take you to your final destination of the hike.The following 4 hours of mountain walking will bring you to the base of Minkiani Pass, where the lake is located.This is also the most scenic part of thewhole trip, and once you start walking, you will know why. You will first walk on a narrow, rocky, and muddy track, lined with thickly forested mountains on one side, and a river gorge on the other.
Since the area isn’t too high, you’ll see both coniferous and deciduous trees along the way. Clouds can obscure the mountains high above the ground. As you move forwards on your Kareri Lake trek, you will gain altitude and the vegetation will begin to thin out. After a while, you’ll be walking on a fairly rocky path. You’ll be walking down that rocky river now and the region’s altitude would result in the extinction of deciduous trees.
Only high spruces and lush grass will be visible. The clouds may be right on the surface here, and you may be able to move through them. This night’s campsite will be in another beautiful meadow, with views of Minkiani Pass, Baleni Pass, and a valley below.
Day 3 will be a long day but not tough on trekkers as we will be descending mostly. After an early morning, wake up have and have your breakfast, then start your return trek from Kareri Lake to Kareri village to Dharamshala.
Per Person (Dharamshala to Dharamshala)
- Accommodation during trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Campfire at Camps (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment (Tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Achievement Certificate
- Memories of Life Time
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Backpack offloading charges
- Personal expenses of any kind on Indrahar Pass Trek
- Anything apart from the inclusions of the Trek
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. Indrahar Pass Trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A. December-April is the best trek Indrahar Pass Trek
- A. Kedarkantha Peak 4,432m
- A. Dehradun is around 250km from Delhi by road. So many trains are well connected to Dehradun and as well Haridwar, which is 50km away from Dehradun. The nearest airport is Jolly Grand Airport.
- A. Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Mahindra Bolero
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10°
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. 20-30 People
- A. 2 guides
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Sankri you will get BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Sankri.