The most liked Winter summit trek
Kedarkantha Peak Trek is Situated in the lofty Garhwal Himalayas, the Kedarkantha peak offers a very accessible trek, any time of the year. The Kedarkantha Trek Delhi takes you on a memorable journey starting with the Govind National Park which is a treasure house of flora and fauna such as leopards, bears, musk deer and many birds! Kedarkantha trekking route offers beautiful scenery along with an arduous path.
The Kedarkantha Trek Delhi is around 20km long, which take almost 4 to 5 days to complete whole trek. Most of the avid trekkers choose to go on this trek during November for the best experience of this Snowy trek. Days will be warm but nights are to watch out for as sub-zero temperatures are a common phenomenon. All the challenges aside, at an altitude of 3800m/12,500 feet, the trek promises a sweeping view from the peak.
The trekkers who have already been to this Kedarkantha trek Delhi, can go for Har Ki Dun trek which is based in Uttarakhand and the starting point of the Har Ki Dun Trek is beautiful Sankri village.
COST OF THE TRIP
Rs. 12,500/- Per Person
Delhi to Delhi
Delhi at 11.00 pm on Day 01
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Your City to Delhi
The Kedarkantha Trek Delhi will start from your representative cities to Delhi by flight. At Delhi Airport the vehicle will be waiting for you to start the journey.
Delhi to Dehradun to Sankri (2000m) / Drive 15 Hrs
From Delhi, we will start drive to Sankri, via Dehradun & Mussoorie. This main adventurous journey to Garhwal region of Uttarakhand starts from the capital of Uttarakhand; Dehradun. It is one of the oldest cities in India and has a large number of tourists each year due to its picturesque landscapes and vibrant weather. It is nestled between the Ganges and the Yamuna.
Various historical sites of architectural value can be found here with auspicious temples that are renowned. We will pick you up at 7.00 AM from the Dehradun Railway station and from then on we are the companions of the most awaited trip. We will drive to Sankri via the queen of hills i.e. Mussoorie. Ironically, popular tourist destinations don’t even deserve your attention when you’re on a bigger journey like this. Mussoorie is not just another hill station on the way but has a pretty rich history in itself. Ruskin Bond, Stephen Alter, and Bill Aitkin (to name a few) all call Mussoorie their home.
The British architecture can still be spotted across the town. Snow-clad hills start to show up in the distance from Mussoorie onwards. We will also have the awesome views of “Kempty Falls” en-routing Sankri. Sankri is the base camp of this exhilarating expedition and the entry point to the charismatic Har Ki Dun. It is a scenic village that is conveniently situated at the astounding pinnacle of 1950 meters, in the Tons Valley with elating views of the Himalayas.
It is magically located 13 km inside the Govind Wildlife Sanctuary. The beautiful sun setting behind the Himalayas coupled with the shimmer of the Swargarohini peak makes Sankri an ideal base camp amidst the ridges. Reaching Sankri, we will explore the scenic hamlet to prepare for the trek that lays ahead and overnight stay at Sankri.
Sankri – Shepherd Campsite (2900m) / 3-4 hr Trek
After having breakfast, we will set out on a moderate hike which, for the most part, goes through the forest. We will walk to Saur village and then climb up till we reach a small pond, Juda-ka-Talab, which is frozen during winters. The overall Kedarkantha Trek distance is almost 20-22 km with easy to moderate level hiking.
As we continue climbing up, we will get fleeting glimpses of the snow-capped Himalayan peaks. One more hour of hiking will take us to the meadows where we will camp overnight, in tents.
Shepherd – Base of Kedar Kantha (3400m) / 4-5 hr Trek
KedarKantha base becomes our destination for the day and we start for it post breakfast. Today will be a busy day for the shutterbugs as the trek route is beautiful with open views on all side and vast snow fields decorated with green patches. Kedarkantha Temperature/ Kedarkantha Weather During winter falls down below 0.
However, our destination is even more impressive. Imagine a vast open, snow fields, the size of two football fields, a stream running by and misty mountains forming the background – this is the KedarKantha base where we will camp overnight in tents. We told you it was impressive!
Base camp (3400m) – KedarKantha (3800m) – Juda-ka-Talab (2700m, Trek/6-7 hrs)
Now imagine, if the Kedar Kantha base is that stunning, what will the view from the summit be like? The distance to the summit is not long but the climb is steep and depending upon the snow conditions then, we will pick the best route – and it will take about 2-3 hours.
As for the view from the top – you will be able to see all the mountains of the Yumnotri, Gangotri and the Kinner Kailash range, plus the valleys. Next, we will descend the peak and trek all the way down to Juda-ka-Talab or an alternate campsite, depending on which route we choose. Overnight in tents.
Juda Ka Talab – Sankri / 2-3 hr Trek
Today, we have a short trek and will only last a 2-3 of hours. After reaching Sankri whole day for rest and you can visit local temple. Over night stay at sankri.
Sankri – Delhi / 15 hrs drive
We will return today after an early breakfast and board the vehicles to drive back towards Delhi. Arrive in Delhi by around late night.
We will reach Delhi by morning. You can roam in Delhi city on your own. And then, we will board the flight to representative cities. The glorious Kedarkantha Trek Delhi ends here.
Per Person (Delhi to Delhi)
Dehradun to Dehradun : Rs. 10500/- Per Person
- Transport from Delhi to Dehradun – Sankri & Return
- Accommodation during the Kedarkantha trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Campfire at Camps (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment (Hiking Pole, Crampons,
- Gaiters, tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader for Kedarkantha trek (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Achievement Certificate of Kedarkantha trek
- Memories of Life Time of Kedarkantha trek
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your place to the Delhi
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs.250 Per Day/Per Bag)
- Food during transport from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs. 250/day/bag)
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. Kedarkantha Trek Delhi is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers. Kedarkantha Trek Delhi is the best trek for beginners.
- A. Kedarkantha trek best time is from December to April month.
- A. Kedarkantha Peak is the highest point of Kedarkantha Trek Delhi situated at the height of 3800m/12500 ft.
- A. Dehradun is around 250km from Delhi by road. So many trains are well connected to Dehradun and as well Haridwar, which is 50km away from Dehradun. The nearest airport is Jolly Grand Airport.
- A.For a small group of upto 5-6 people we provide Tata sumo or Mahindra Bolero and for a group of more than 10 people we provide 13 seater Tempo Traveller.
- A. Kedarkantha Temperature during winters daytime will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10°.
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. During Kedarkantha Trek Delhi, the stay will be in hiking tents so there is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. In Kedarkantha Trek Delhi group size would be around 15-20 people.
- A. In Kedarkantha Trek Delhi there will be 2 experienced guides depending on the group size.
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless on their demand.
- A. During Kedarkantha Trek Delhi we provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. We suggest you to carry an original ID card and a photograph during the trek.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents during Kedarkantha Trek.
- Yes, During Kedarkantha Trek Delhi sudden weather changes are expected, we suggest you to always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Sankri you will get BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Sankri.
- A. After Dehradun, the last ATM will be at Purola on the route, it is advised to keep required.
- A. Yes, this Kedarkantha Trek Delhi is full of surprises for shutterbugs. However, keep checking on the warning boards if it is not permitted at some places then avoid it.
- A. The Kedarkantha Trek Delhi is the group activity and Trek leaders have the responsibility of the whole trek in place of individual one so customized menus will be difficult to be available. However you can ask for customization, if possible you can for it we will try to make it available.
- A. Yes, Kedarkantha Trek Delhi is very safe for female solo travelers.
- A.Yes, you can carry your own tent but we do not suggest to carry your tent because it will increase the weight of your luggage.
- A. Kedarkantha Trek Delhi is the part of Govind Ballabh National Park. It is a natural reserve for many Himalayan species.
- A. Distance between Mussoorie and Kedarkantha is approx 152 km. And a lot of public transports available from Sankri village.
- A. Sankri is approx 235 kms away from Haridwar. You can hire a private tourist cab or you can go with government or private bus from Sankri.
- A. Physical fitness is required for kedarkantha winter trek, you should involve yourself in physical activities like running, skipping, and some yoga breathing exercises.
- A. Yes, you can go for Kedarkantha Trek Delhi along with your family. The trek is easy however physical fitness is required.
We believe that your opinion will guide us.
Best Trek ever visited
It was simply a 10/10 experience for me and our entire group. From the second to the fifth day, there was only trekking and trekking. Great views of the Himalayas, amazing trekking routes, snow blankets to walk over and the openness of the atmosphere; everything was so beautiful and clear. Hats off to the trek facilitators and all the crew members for such a delightful Kedarkantha trek.
experienced nature’s magical beauty
There was a lot to see and explore during our Kedarkantha trek. The trek guides made all the arrangements for us and after we started on the Garhwal Himalayas, there was only nature’s magical beauty on our way. Most of the parts of the trek were easy; at some parts, there might be a bit of challenging and tricky terrains. But if you stick to rules and guidelines, you can make it easier. Thanks to all the trek members and instructors and especially aahvan Adventures for such an amazing experience.
Kedarkantha peak was stunning
I joined this trek to Kedarkantha in Uttarakhand and it was immense fun all the way. The trek to Kedarkantha peak was the most exciting part (on the 4th day). Even the rest of the trek was too good and filled with plenty of thrilling moments. I had a great experience and I’m sure everyone will have this experience considering they also book this Kedarkantha trek with reputed and trustworthy organizers.
Spent amazing times with the Kedarkantha winter trek last year. I being new to this region, found the Kedarkantha trek pretty exciting and fabulous. Hope, next time I go for it will also be the same. Loved it so much.
All the arrangements were good
From the trek to all the arrangements made by the Aahvan were too good. From the first day to the last day of the trek, we had amazing moments; especially on the third day. On that day, the hikes were really fascinating and took us through some of the best parts of Kedarkantha trekking.
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
06 Nov to 13 Nov (FULL)
13 Nov to 20 Nov (FULL)
15 Nov to 21 Nov (FULL)
20 Nov to 27 Nov (FULL)
27 Nov to 04 Dec (FULL)
04 Dec to 11 Dec (6 Seats Left)
11 Dec to 18 Dec (8 Seats Left)
12 Dec to 19 Dec (FULL)
13 Dec to 20 Dec (8 Seats Left)
14 Dec to 21 Dec (FULL)
15 Dec to 22 Dec (FULL)
16 Dec to 23 Dec (FULL)
17 Dec to 24 Dec (FULL)
18 Dec to 25 Dec (7 Seats Left)
19 Dec to 26 Dec (7 Seats Left)
20 Dec to 27 Dec (8 Seats Left)
21 Dec to 28 Dec (9 Seats Left)
22 Dec to 29 Dec (FULL)
23 Dec to 30 Dec (7 Seats Left)
24 Dec to 31 Dec (FULL)
25 Dec to 01 Jan (8 Seats Left)
26 Dec to 02 Jan (7 Seats Left)
27 Dec to 03 Jan (FULL)
28 Dec to 04 Jan (8 Seats Left)
29 Dec to 05 Jan (5 Seats Left)
30 Dec to 06 Jan (6 Seats Left)
31 Dec to 07 Jan (10 Seats Left)
01 Jan to 08 Jan (7 Seats Left)
02 Jan to 09 Jan (7 Seats Left)
03 Jan to 10 Jan (FULL)
04 Jan to 11 Jan (7 Seats Left)
05 Jan to 12 Jan (FULL)
06 Jan to 13 Jan (OPEN)
07 Jan to 14 Jan (OPEN)
08 Jan to 15 Jan (OPEN)
15 Jan to 22 Jan (OPEN)
22 Jan to 29 Jan (OPEN)
29 Jan to 05 Feb (OPEN)
05 Feb to 12 Feb (OPEN)
12 Feb to 19 Feb (OPEN)
19 Feb to 26 Feb (OPEN)
26 Feb to 05 Mar (OPEN)
05 Mar to 12 Mar (OPEN)
12 Mar to 19 Mar (OPEN)
19 Mar to 26 Mar (OPEN)
26 Mar to 02 Apr (OPEN)
02 Apr to 09 Apr (OPEN)
11 Apr to 16 Apr (OPEN)
16 Apr to 23 Apr (OPEN)
23 Apr to 30 Apr (OPEN)
30 April to 07 May (OPEN)
07 May to 14 May (OPEN)
14 May to 21 May (OPEN)
21 May to 28 May (OPEN)
28 May to 04 Jun (OPEN)
04 Jun to 11 Jun (OPEN)
11 Jun to 18 Jun (OPEN)
18 Jun to 25 Jun (OPEN)
25 Jun to 02 Jul (OPEN)
Day 01: Your City to Delhi
Day 02: Delhi to Dehradun to Sankri
Day 03: Sankri – Shepher Campsite
Day 04: Shepher Campsite to Kedarkantha Basecamp
Day 05: Kedarkantha Basecamp to Juda ka Talab
Day 06 : Juda ka Talab to Sankri
Day 07 : Sankri to Delhi
Day 08 : Delhi to Your City