The most liked Winter summit trek
Kedarkantha Trek is situated in the lofty Garhwal Himalayas (The Garhwal is the Himalayan mountain ranges situated in Uttarakhand state, India). The Kedarkantha Trek offers a very accessible trek, any time of the year.
The Kedarkantha Trek takes you on a memorable journey starting with the Govind National Park which is a treasure house of flora and fauna such as leopards, bears, musk deer and many birds! The uniqueness of this trek lies in the way it mixes beautiful scenery with a challenging route.
The Kedarkantha Trek distance from Sankri is around 20 – 22kms, Aahvan Adventures has designed a Kedarkantha trek itinerary is so beautiful that it gets you through all the adventure with minimum hustle, The Kedarkantha Trek duration is almost 4 to 5 days to complete the whole trek.
The best time for the Kedarkantha trek is during winter and most of the avid trekkers choose to go on this trek during December month. In winter you will get the best experience of this Snowy trek.
Days will be warm but nights are to watch out for as zero temperatures or even below zero temperature. All the challenges aside, The Kedarkantha trek promises a sweeping view from the peak.
Kedarkantha Trek route takes you through dense forest and vast snowfields decorated with green patches. Kedarkantha Trek difficulty level is easy to moderate so any beginner can do it. Kedarkantha Trek Altitude (Kedarkantha Trek Height) is 12500 feet / 3800m approx.
Kedarkantha Trek is an exalted mountain peak of the Himalayas in Uttarakhand. Kedarkantha Trek Location is in Govind Wildlife Sanctuary and Govind National Park. Kedarkantha trek will treat you to an exotic array of flora and fauna all through the trek,
Kedarkantha Trek is a trekker’s delight because of its snowy winter trails and traversing your way through glossy green pine forests, If you are looking for a short rendezvous from the mundane routine of city life then the Kedarkantha trek experience is bound to soar your spirits.
Kedarkantha trek is filled with spirituality that the word itself conjures beautiful images in your mind. The image of Lord Shiva sitting on top of an imposing Himalayan mountain, showering his blessings to the world is one of the first images that excite your senses. The Kedarkantha Summit is the majestic mountain peak in the Himalayas of Uttarakhand.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
The trip which leads you to the Kedarkantha Trek will start from Dehradun Railway Station with a morning pick up at 7.00 AM. We will drive to Sankri via the queen of hills i.e. Mussoorie.
Ironically, popular tourist destinations don’t even deserve your attention when you’re on a bigger journey like this. The total distance from Dehradun to Sankri is around 200 km and the total drive hours will be 9 to 10.
Mussoorie is not just another hill station on the way but has a pretty rich history in itself. Many of the famous writers referred to Mussoorie. E.g., Bill Aitkin, Stephen Alter, and Ruskin Bond. In between the route to Sankri, via Mussourrie, alongside the Yamuna and Tons rivers.
The drive also passes by beautiful pine forests. On reaching Sankri, we will explore the scenic hamlet to prepare for the trek that lies ahead and overnight stay at Sankri.
You can also spot the British architecture around the town. Snow-clad hills start to show up in the distance from Mussoorie onwards. We will also have the awesome views of “Kempty Falls” en-routing Sankri. Sankri is the base camp of this exhilarating expedition and the entry point to the charismatic Har Ki Dun.
The scenic village that is conveniently situated at 1950 meters on the pinnacle conveniently, In the Valley with exhilarating views of the Himalayas. It is magically located 13 km inside the Govind Wildlife Sanctuary.
The beautiful sun setting behind the Himalayas coupled with the shimmer of the Swargarohini peak makes Sankri an ideal base camp amidst the ridges. Reaching Sankri, we will explore the scenic hamlet to prepare for the Kedarkantha trek that lays ahead and overnight stay at Sankri
We will start our day with hot, scrumptious breakfast and after that we will start our climbing, which will be a moderate hiking. It will take almost 4 to 5 hours to reach the final point. We will pass through dense forests of Kedarkantha.
While climbing we will walk through Saur village, We will get transient glimpses of snow-covered mountains of the Himalayas but the best view is yet to come on this Kedarkantha Trek. Juda-ka-Talab (which is frozen during winters) situated at the height of 2800m.
An hour’s walk will lead us to the meadows where we will stay for the night. Overnight stay will be in tents.
KedarKantha Trek base becomes our destination for the day and we start for it post breakfast.
Today will be a busy day for the shutterbugs as the trek route is beautiful with open views on all sides and vast snowfields decorated with green patches. However, our destination is even more impressive. The route is around 4 to 5 hours long.
Imagine vast open, snowfields, the size of two football fields, a stream running by, and misty mountains forming the background – this is the KedarKantha Trek base where we will camp overnight in tents. We told you it was impressive!
If the Kedarkantha Trek base is that stunning you can imagine the beauty of summit. Today will be a busy day for the shutterbugs as the trek route is beautiful with open views on all side and vast snow fields decorated with green patches.
To the Kedarkantha peak it would be a steep climb as well as it might be a little difficult too; depending on the snow. It would be a short route and it will not take more than 2-3 hours.
As for the view from the top – you will be able to see all the mountains of the Yumnotri, Gangotri, and the Kinner Kailash range, plus the valleys.
However, our destination is even more impressive. Imagine a vast open, snowfields, the size of two football fields, a stream running by, and misty mountains forming the background
Next, we will descend the Kedarkantha Peak and trek all the way down to Juda-ka-Talab or an alternate campsite, depending on which route we choose. Overnight in tents.
We will return today after an early breakfast. It is a short trek and will only last a couple of hours. We will reach Sankri at around 12 o’clock and then you will have whole days to ream in the local village.
After having overnight rest at Sankri, we will board the vehicles and start driving back towards Dehradun. Arrive in Dehradun by around late afternoon 6.00 PM. The glorious trip to Kedarkantha ends here.
Per Person (Dehradun to Dehradun)
- Transport from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Accommodation during the trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Campfire at Camps (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment (Hiking Pole, Crampons,
- Gaiters, tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Achievement Certificate
- Memories of Life Time
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your place to the Dehradun
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs.250 Per Day/Per Bag)
- Food during transport from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs. 250/day/bag)
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. Kedarkantha trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers. Kedarkantha trek is the best trek for beginners.
- A. Best time to visit Kedarkantha trek is from December to April month.
- A. Kedarkantha Peak is the highest point of Kedarkantha trek situated at the height of 3800m/12500 ft.
- A. Dehradun is around 250km from Delhi by road. So many trains are well connected to Dehradun and as well Haridwar, which is 50km away from Dehradun. The nearest airport is Jolly Grand Airport.
- A.For a small group of upto 5-6 people we provide Tata sumo or Mahindra Bolero and for a group of more than 10 people we provide 13 seater Tempo Traveller.
- A. During winters Kedarkantha Trek Dayt temperature will be around 8° to 12° and Kedarkantha Trek Night it will fall down to -10°
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. During Kedarkantha trek the stay will be in hiking tents so there is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. In Kedarkantha Trek group size would be around 15-20 people.
- A. In kedarkantha trek there will be 2 experienced guides depending on the group size.
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless on their demand.
- A. During trek we provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. We suggest you to carry an original ID card and a photograph during the trek.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents during Kedarkantha Trek.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, we suggest you to always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Kedarkantha Trek mobile networks are rarely available and it totally depends upon weather conditions. At Sankri you will get BSNL mobile network. During other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Sankri.
- A. After Dehradun, the last ATM will be at Purola on the route, it is advised to keep required.
- A. Yes, this Kedarkantha Trek is full of surprises for shutterbugs. However, keep checking on the warning boards if it is not permitted at some places then avoid it.
- A. The Kedarkantha trek is the group activity and Trek leaders have the responsibility of the whole trek in place of individual one so customized menus will be difficult to be available. However you can ask for customization, if possible you can for it we will try to make it available.
- A. The Distance between Delhi to Kedarkantha Trek is around 450 km.
- A. Yes, the Kedarkantha trek is very safe for female solo travelers. Among all the Kedarkantha Trek organisers, Team Aahvan Adventures has very proactive and responsible approach for all the trekkers, especially for female travelers.
- A. Yes, you can join us as Solo Traveller. There are many solo male and female travellers join us for the trek.
- A.Yes, you can carry your own tent but we do not suggest to carry your tent because it will increase the weight of your luggage.
- A. Kedarkantha trek is the part of Govind Ballabh National Park. It is a natural reserve for many Himalayan species.
- A. Distance between Mussoorie and Kedarkantha is approx 152 kms. And many public transport available from Sankri village.
- A. Sankri is approx 235 kms away from Haridwar. You can hire a private tourist cab or you can go with government or private bus from Sankri.
- A. Kedarkantha trek is made for everyone. The minimum age required to do this trek is 10+ years.
- A. Physical fitness is required for the Kedarkantha trek, you should involve yourself in physical activities like running, skipping, and some yoga breathing exercises for Kedarkantha Trek Preparation.
- A. No, you do not need to take any permits. In our trek cost, we include Kedarkantha Trek Permit from the forest department.
- A. Yes, you can go for Kedarkantha trek along with your family. The trek is easy however physical fitness is required.
During a year Kedarkantha trek is operational for almost 10 months. People choose to go on this Kedarkantha Trek in different seasons. There are basically four seasons to visit Kedarkantha Trek.
Seasonal Accessibility –
Winter Season – December to Mid March
During winter you will get to experience snow starting from the base camp Sankri. Also can experience snowfall depends on weather conditions. You can feel frigidity in the surrounding with Frosty weather and shivering nights. This season is a bit difficult yet the climb to the peak can still work up.
Spring Season – Mid March to April
The day starts with a radiant morning and a bleak golden sunrise. The weather stays fabulous with a clear view all the time. This season provides you a better opportunity to experience a hassle-free climb to the summit.
Summer Season – May to June
During this season Kedarkantha Trek weather turns into golden meadows with a warm atmosphere. The days will be most pleasant and the blue sky visible all the time with fairly stable temperatures.
Autumn Season – September to November
After the monsoon season, it would be the green trail. In this duration, the Kedarkantha Trek days becomes noticeably shorter and the temperature cools considerably.
We believe that your opinion will guide us.
Trekking at a height of 9,000 ft was really a great experience. Did this Kedarkantha winter trek last year and it was really 5 days of extreme fun and thrill. The weather was favorable, Kedarkantha trek was nice, terrains were hart too at some places and the trek instructors were extremely well trained to handle a group of individuals who hardly knew each other. It was in fact a memorable experience at such a great height.
Best service from Aahvan
I love snow treks; I think they are fun. Snow treks though are quite tough and must be taken with high caution, care, and safety. That was the best part about this enjoyable trip; the safety was highly ensured by the organizers. Kedarkantha Trek is just awesome. Here, it is said that the snow is there till April month. However, I am not sure as we took this trek in January which was quite a nice time for snow. The trek was out and out fun. It was quite expensive but totally worthy. The level of difficulty of this trek is moderate to challenging. The trek trail covers dehradun and Sankri among other places. The river valley is the biggest value addition of this trek, and it was brilliant. In short, this trek was a nice and happy one. I totally recommend this trek.
Best winter trek
It is a winter trek, so you should expect snow only. The all-over trek is moderate except for the last stretch. But when you reach the summit, the view and sunrise took all you tiredness. One of the best winter trek. But at the same time keep enough pair of proper clothes. And take extra care of your foot and fingers.
Great place…our trek guide did an excellent job. Had so much fun…the place offers you views that you can get in no other trek, I’m sure. Lovely experience.
Best Trek ever visited
I went Kedarkantha in batch of 11th May 2019 to 15th May 2019. It was very nice experience. Starting from the beginning i include transportation , food and accommodation everything was super and very comfortable. On trek everything was according to requirement and helpful. Tent accommodation , sleeping bag and food during the scheduled trek was awesome and very nice. Guide and other team members were very friendly and full of efforts and experience. Guides very experienced and strong they handled us alone when the snowfall and hailstones were falling along with rainfall. Just trust on them in such situations. Hats off to them . Very nice experience with nature and aahvan Adventure. Thank you.
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
07 Nov to 12 Nov (FULL)
14 Nov to 19 Nov (FULL)
16 Nov to 20 Nov (FULL)
21 Nov to 26 Nov (FULL)
28 Nov to 03 Dec (FULL)
05 Dec to 10 Dec (6 Seats Left)
12 Dec to 17 Dec (5 Seats Left)
13 Dec to 18 Dec (FULL)
14 Dec to 19 Dec (6 Seats Left)
15 Dec to 20 Dec (FULL)
16 Dec to 21 Dec (FULL)
17 Dec to 22 Dec (FULL)
18 Dec to 23 Dec (FULL)
19 Dec to 24 Dec (7 Seats Left)
20 Dec to 25 Dec (7 Seats Left)
21 Dec to 26 Dec (8 Seats Left)
22 Dec to 27 Dec (9 Seats Left)
23 Dec to 28 Dec (FULL)
24 Dec to 29 Dec (7 Seats Left)
25 Dec to 30 Dec (FULL)
26 Dec to 31 Dec (8 Seats Left)
27 Dec to 01 Jan (6 Seats Left)
28 Dec to 02 Jan (FULL)
29 Dec to 03 Jan (8 Seats Left)
30 Dec to 04 Jan (5 Seats Left)
31 Dec to 05 Jan (6 Seats Left)
01 Jan to 06 Jan (10 Seats Left)
02 Jan to 07 Jan (7 Seats Left)
03 Jan to 08 Jan (7 Seats Left)
04 Jan to 09 Jan (FULL)
05 Jan to 10 Jan (7 Seats Left)
06 Jan to 11 Jan (FULL)
07 Jan to 12 Jan (OPEN)
08 Jan to 13 Jan (OPEN)
09 Jan to 14 Jan (OPEN)
16 Jan to 21 Jan (OPEN)
23 Jan to 28 Jan (OPEN)
30 Jan to 04 Feb (OPEN)
06 Feb to 11 Feb (OPEN)
13 Feb to 18 Feb (OPEN)
20 Feb to 25 Feb (OPEN)
27 Feb to 04 Mar (OPEN)
06 Mar to 11 Mar (OPEN)
13 Mar to 18 Mar (OPEN)
20 Mar to 25 Mar (OPEN)
27 Mar to 01 Apr (OPEN)
03 Apr to 08 Apr (OPEN)
10 Apr to 15 Apr (OPEN)
17 Apr to 22 Apr (OPEN)
24 Apr to 29 Apr (OPEN)
01 May to 06 May (OPEN)
08 May to 13 May (OPEN)
15 May to 20 May (OPEN)
22 May to 27 May (OPEN)
29 May to 03 Jun (OPEN)
05 Jun to 10 Jun (OPEN)
12 Jun to 17 Jun (OPEN)
19 Jun to 24 Jun (OPEN)
26 Jun to 01 Jul (OPEN)
Day 01: Dehradun – Sankri
Day 02: Sankri – Juda ka Talab
Day 03: Juda ka Talab – Kedarkantha Base Camp
Day 04: Base Camp – Kedarkantha Peak – Juda ka Talab
Day 05: Juda Ka Talab – Sankri
Day 06: Sankri – Dehradun