Kuari Pass Trek
If you are looking for The Kuari Pass Trek then your search ends here. Aahvan Adventures is a leading Adventure Travel Company in India located in Ahmedabad, We organize treks and adventure trips in the Himalayas in no man’s land. The Kuari Pass trek is a fun mix of scenery and adventure. Kuari pass trek begins from Chamoli district in the Garhwal Himalayas, followed by a challenging trek through deep snowy terrains, rocks and steep slopes, to reach its peak.
The peak oversees forests, never-ending meadows and merging of several Himalayan rivers. Along with a rare sight of footprints of the Himalayan Bear or the Leopard. The climb to The Kuari Pass, at 3900 m is all the excitement you will need! For those who do not wish to participate in the Pangarchula peak of Kuari pass trek.
The trek is also called as “Lord Curzon” trek, as the trek was discovered by him. He was Viceroy of India. And He discovered this Kuari pass trek in 1905. He had the hobby of exploring nature and new places. that’s why he discovered the place and started his Journey from Ramni Village which lies on another side of Pass. His trail was all the way through Gorson Bugyal where you will find a lot of Golden Shrubs. People say that there is no end of Golden Shrubs at this place. so we entitled the trek as ” Golden Trail ”
There is a history behind naming this trek as Kuari pass trek which is like, This place is of God and Goddess. so, Goddess Parvati used to meditate at this place before she got married to Lord Shiva. Neelkanth, Lord Shiva is accepted as true to reside at this Place. This place is located exactly in front of the Kuari pass trek. Goddess Parvati did determination and austerity with that Lord Shiva got Impressed and took her away to marry her. At that time Goddess Parvati was young and bachelor when this happened, hence, it is called Kuari (meaning bachelor in the English language). so at present time, this is called Kuari Pass trek.
The trekkers who have already been to this Kuari Pass Trek can go for Brahmatal Trek which is based in Uttarakhand and the starting point of the Brahmatal Trek is beautiful kathgodham village.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Haridwar – Joshimath (1875m) / 8 Hrs Drive
Trekkers need to Meet at Haridwar Railway station at 7:00 am. then we will drive along to Joshimath, It is quite interesting that we are passing through the holy towns of Devprayag and Rudraprayag, with Ganga and Alaknanda rivers flowing at our side. The route is around 300kms long and it will take almost 8 to 9 hours to reach Joshimath. Overnight stay in a lodge at Joshimath.
Joshimath (1875m) – Gulling (2900m) / 5-6 hrs Trek
After having Early breakfast and a short drive later, will reach the starting point of our Kuari pass trek. From here, we will start walking through the lush green areas and hiking to Gulling, cutting through the Auli meadows which are ideal for skiing. On our way through the forests, we will glimpse the Nanda Devi peak among other mountains, before we reach the sprawling prairies of Gurson.
We will take approximately 5-6 hours and the trail is around 6-7 km long for this day. Next, we will climb down through Oak, Chestnut, Deodar and Maple trees to arrive at our campsite at Gulling. Overnight stay in tents.
Gulling (2900m) – Khullara Top (3225m) / 4-5 Hrs Trek
After breakfast, we will start our trek to reach Khullara, which will take around 4 – 5 hours and it is approximately 6 -7 km long for the day. ascending the pastures full of grazing sheep. we will reach Khullara. Here, you are treated with marvellous views of the Chaukhamba, Kedarnath, Neelkanth, Dronagiri, Haathi-Ghodi, etc. Overnight stay in tents..
Khullara (3225m) – Kuari Pass (3900m) – Tali Top (3350m) / 7-8 Hrs Trek
With a 5:00 am breakfast, we start our day’s trek on the ascending slopes of a challenging rocky terrain which will take us to the Kuari Pass. Walking through deep snowy routes, the dawn will greet us with the warmth of mesmerizing views, and the walikng trail will take around 7-8 hour for the day and the trek is around 7-8 km long, including the Nanda Devi and Trishul peaks. After taking in the magical surroundings, we will resume our walk down to the camp where we will unwind and celebrate. If you arrive early at the base camp, you can even trek down to the Tali Top camp. Overnight stay in tents.
Tali Top (3350m) – Dhak – Joshimath (1875m) / 4 Hrs Trek & 1 hr Drive
Post breakfast, we will trek towards the road linking Joshimath to Niti-Malari valley continuing to hike all the way to Dhak through cute little villages and dense thickets. We can stop at the villages of Tugasi and Kharsi to soak in the local and indigenous culture. From Dhak, we will drive to Joshimath. A warm meal and a hot shower later, we will stay overnight in the lodge at Joshimath.
Joshimath (1875m) – Haridwar / 7-8 Hrs Drive
We will depart from Joshimath to Haridwar and say goodbye to your Kuari pass trek. Pack-up your bags early at 7.00 am in the morning and take back some beautiful memorable moments and adventurous memories home with you.
Per Person (Haridwar to Haridwar)
- Transport from Haridwar – Joshimath & Return
- Accommodation during the Kuari pass trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Campfire at Camps (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges of Kuari pass trek.
- Trekking equipment during Kuari pass trek (Hiking Pole, Crampons, Gaiters, tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader at Kuari pass trek(qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Achievement Certificate of Kuari pass trek
- Memories of Life Time
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your place to the Haridwar
- Backpack offloading charges during Kuari pass trek (Rs.250 Per Day/Per Bag)
- Food during transport from Haridwar to Joshimath & Return
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs. 250/day/bag)
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. Kuari pass trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A.November to April is the best period for Kuari pass trek
- A. Kuari pass 3900m is the highest point of Kuari pass trek
A. Kuari pass trek starts from Haridwar, Haridwar is around 250km from Delhi by road. So many trains are well connected to Haridwar and as well Dehradun, which is 50km away. The nearest airport is Jolly Grand Airport.
- A. Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Mahindra Bolero
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10° at Kuari pass trek
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. 20-30 People
- A. 2 guides
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Joshimath, you will get BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Joshimath.
We believe that your opinion will guide us.
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
05 Dec to 10 Dec (OPEN)
12 Dec to 17 Dec (OPEN)
19 Dec to 24 Dec (OPEN)
26 Dec to 31 Dec (OPEN)
02 Jan to 07 Jan (OPEN)
09 Jan to 14 Jan (OPEN)
16 Jan to 21 Jan (OPEN)
23 Jan to 28 Jan (OPEN)
30 Jan to 04 Feb (OPEN)
06 Feb to 11 Feb (OPEN)
13 Feb to 18 Feb (OPEN)
20 Feb to 25 Feb (OPEN)
27 Feb to 04 Mar (OPEN)
06 Mar to 11 Mar (OPEN)
13 Mar to 18 Mar (OPEN)
20 Mar to 25 Mar (OPEN)
27 Mar to 01 Apr (OPEN)
03 Apr to 08 Apr (OPEN)
10 Apr to 15 Apr (OPEN)
17 Apr to 22 Apr (OPEN)
24 Apr to 29 Apr (OPEN)
01 May to 06 May (OPEN)
08 May to 13 May (OPEN)
15 May to 20 May (OPEN)
22 May to 27 May (OPEN)
29 May to 03 Jun (OPEN)
05 Jun to 10 Jun (OPEN)
12 Jun to 17 Jun (OPEN)
19 Jun to 24 Jun (OPEN)
26 Jun to 01 Jul (OPEN)
Day 01: Haridwar – Joshimath
Day 02: Joshimath – Gulling
Day 03: Gulling – Khullara Top
Day 04: Khullara – Kuari Pass
Day 05 : Tali Top – Dhak – Joshimath
Day 06 : Joshimath to Haridwar