Plan Your Bike Trip to Leh Ladakh with the Best Guide and Tips Given!
Leh Ladakh is a wonderful destination, which offers the tourists, numbers of things to do. If you are an adventure lover and want to experience the thrill every moment you move towards Ladakh, then the bike trip can offer all expect excitements you look for.
[View Best Leh Ladakh Bike Trip Packages]
What can the bike trip to Leh Ladakh offer you?
- Undoubtedly, you will enjoy the bike ride on tricky roads to Leh Ladakh
- Relish sumptuous Ladakhi delicacies
- Drive across Baralacha Pass and Rohtanga Pass
- Drive across Tanglang La
- Visty Shey and Thiksey
- Explore Sarchu, Jispa and Pang villages on your way
- Shop your favorite items sold in Leh
- Enjoy the sightseeing on your way to the hill
- Spend a day at Pangong Lake
The excitements and enjoyments are unlimited on your bike trip to Leh Ladakh.
When is the best time to plan your Leh Ladakh bike trip?
On planning to visit Leh Ladakh via bike ride, then the best time would be June to September.
You may need to travel at least 2 days by road. However, there will be adequate stops in between available to rest.
The Leh – Manali highway is 469 kms journey. You can find many bikers both from India and foreign countries here to enjoy their thrill of bike trip. Your patience and hardship will definitely be tested on your bike ride to this hill destination. Undoubtedly, this will be the world’s most extreme road trips you have ever seen in your life. If you are striving to enjoy the most spectacular and scenic bike ride in the world, then Leh Ladakh will be the best one to choose.
Here follows some interesting & useful tips to help you plan a safe Leh Ladakh bike trip:
- Research and do your homework. Try to prepare well through thorough research about routes, foods, accommodation and other basic things you may need during your bike travel
- Become aware about the places to visit and other attractions on the way to Leh Ladakh
- Know your physical fitness and health condition. It is very important for every individual to be in good physical and mental health condition to ride on the hills of Leh Ladakh
- Plan the route you need to choose to travel by. Reaching Leh via Manali is the most common route used by many travelers. This highway will take you in two days to the destination you want to go. The return journey will also be similar and there is a stopover at Sarchu
- Plan the number of days you want to travel. It would obviously take 12 to 15 days for bike trip.
- Know the favorable climate before you start. The Leh – Manali route is 4000 feet above sea level and there is a high altitude at Tanglang Mountain Pass. The weather may be extremely cold in Leh. It may often rain in Manali. You may have to face the challenges of low oxygen levels and the temperature will be -30 degree Celsius
- Take proper clothes and accessories that can keep you warmth throughout like
- Prepare with all essential riding needs like riding gear, jacket, gloves, helmet, balaclava, knee guards, thermal liners, rain covers for bags, rain clothes, toiletries like toothpaste, soap, and extra pairs of shoes and sandals if required
- Ensure your bike or motorcycle is in good condition and there is mechanics at nearest locations to help you in case of breakdown
- Try to keep proper documentations required for your bike trip like valid driving license, registration documents, insurance papers, identify proof and others
- Try to keep spare batteries for your mobile phones
- Make use of the internet and navigation apps to locate your destination easily
- Finally, do not forget to take your medical kit