Mayali Pass Trek
Aahvan adventures provide you with the best trekking packages in the Himalayas. Mayali Pass trek is a famous place for trekking in Uttarakhand and is loved by many adventure enthusiasts across the country. One of the most stunning trekking locations-Mayali Pass takes you through the beautiful Himalayan peaks. The Mayali Pass is a high pass of over 5000 meters and takes you from the Bhilangana Valley to Kedarnath and the Mandakini Valley. Mayali pass trek is easy to moderate one, situated at an altitude of 5300 meters in the Himalayas.
What does the trek offer?
Mayali pass trek offers splendid views of Masar Tal and Vasuki Tal. Witness the spectacular view of Thalay Sagar, and other peaks of the Gangotri region. The Mayali Pass trek route starts from Ghuttu and the goes along Bhilangana valley. The Mayali Pass trek from Ghuttu to Gaurikund is of moderate difficulty. The trek offers an extraordinary experience of adventure and fun in the Himalayan peaks.
The trail will take us through the Rhododendron and bamboo forests. If we like to trek in the wild, away from the rush and crowded trails, this Mayali pass trek is one of the best options for you. The villages on this trail give you an insight into the local culture. The twin holy lakes of Masar Taal and Vasuki Taal will leave you spellbound and peaceful. The remote Indian villages of Gangi, Bhilangna River Catchment, Thalay Sagar peak, and Khatling glacier are the highlights of the Mayali Pass trek.
The trekkers who have already been to this Mayali pass Trek can go for Roopkund Trek which is based in Uttarakhand and the starting point of the Roopkund is beautiful Kathgodham village.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Dehradun – Guttu – Reeh
Arrive at 7 A.M in Dehradun railway station and from there we will drive to Guttu. On reaching Guttu we will further start trekking towards Reeh. The trail will take us through the Rhododendron and bamboo forests. Overnight stay will be at Reeh campsite.
Reeh to Gangi
After having a healthy breakfast and stretching ourselves a bit we will be heading towards a village of cultural heritage known as Gangi. The trail is of around 12 kms which will take us around 4-5 hours to reach there. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Gangi to Kharsoli
Post breakfast we will start trekking towards Kharsoli which is about 15 kms away from Gangi and will take us around 6-7 hours to reach there. Kharsoli is a conflux of Nalah with Bhilanganga River. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Kharsoli to Chowki
Today we will be trekking towards Chowki, a beautiful green meadow surrounded by snow clad peaks. Our campsite will be beside the Doodh Ganga River nearby the Khatling Glacier. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Chowki to Masaar Tal
Today’s trek will be an easier and short one; the distance is about 6-7 kms and will take us around 4-5 hours to reach there. Masaar Tal is a high altitude Alpine lake, the water of the Lake is extremely chilly. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Masaar Tal to Vasuki Tal via Mayali Pass
Wake-up early in the morning today, today is the D-day of your journey. As we will be trekking towards Mayali pass our destination which is situated at an altitude of 5300 meters. After crossing the beautiful pass we will move further and reach Vasuki Tal and camp there overnight.
Vasuki Tal – Kedarnath – Dehradun
Today is the last day of our adventurous Mayali pass trek and we will be driving back to Kedarnath and from there we will drive back to Dehradun.
Per Person (Dehradun to Dehradun)
- Accommodation during the Mayali pass trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges for Mayali pass trek
- Gaiters, tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses) for Mayali pass Trek
- Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Achievement Certificate of Mayali pass trek
- Memories of Life Time of Mayali pass trek
- Transport from your city to Trek and Return
- GST 5%
- Food during transit to and from the base camp
- Backpack offloading charges
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. This trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A. December-April
- A. Kedarkantha Peak 3800m
- A. Dehradun is around 250km from Delhi by road. So many trains are well connected to Dehradun and as well Haridwar, which is 50km away from Dehradun. The nearest airport is Jolly Grand Airport.
- A. Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Mahindra Bolero
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10°
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. 20-30 People
- A. 2 guides
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Sankri you will get BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Sankri.
We believe that your opinion will guide us.
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
Day 01 : Dehradun – Guttu – Reeh
Day 02 : Reeh to Gangi
Day 03 : Gangi to Kharsoli
Day 04 : Kharsoli to Chowki
Day 05: Chowki to Masaar Tal
Day 06 : Masaar Tal to Vasuki Tal via Mayali Pass
Day 07 : Vasuki Tal – Kedarnath – Dehradun