Pin Parvati Pass Trek
The Pin Parvati Pass is a mountain pass in Himachal Pradesh snuggled at an altitude of 17,380 feet above sea level. This pass interlinks the fertile and abundant Parvati valley on the Kullu side of the Pin valley on the Spiti side. It is a popular trekking destination.Often referred to as the most challenging trek in the Indian Himalaya; it’s more than worth the effort. You should definitely give this a try and you won’t regret it for sure.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Manali to Rudranath Base camp
The first day is reserved for meet and greet, and orientation, once you reach the base camp the trek leader can take a little orientation session, covering info like packing, walking techniques. You’ll even be given general info regarding the trek and therefore the route. Keep nightlong at the base camp.
Rudranath to Khirganga
After breakfast, drive to Barshaini, the start line of the trek. You’ll start your trek with a 3-4 hour walk through the woods, and reach the gorgeous meadows of Kheerganga. Once reaching the destination for the day, take a dip in the hot springs to clean off the fatigue of the trek, and eat delicious food at the dhabas close as you relish the breathless beauty around you. Enjoy a decent night’s sleep in your camp to assemble energy for following day.
Khirganga to Tunda Bhuj
Walkthrough lush green meadows as you continue your trek whereas negotiating several ascents and descents. Most of the trek on this present day are through the forest until you reach Tunda Bhuj. The huge granite cliffs dominating the meadows are a sight to lay eyes on. Crossing the stream using a jhula pul (Pulley Bridge) will be an expertise in itself. Get pleasure from an implausible nightlong stay in tent.
Tunda Bhuj to Thakur Kuan
Today’s trek is going to be a bit difficult and thrilling because it isn’t concerning Odi Thatch however, the path on that we tend to be aiming to trek, and the trek can take 4-5 hours. We are going to bump into 2 boulder bridges, streams and steep climbs. Enroute there’ll be difficult stream crossings – Pandu pul 2 and Pandu pul 2. These ‘puls’ or bridges are large boulder with a stone stairway on one aspect. Very careful manoeuvring is needed, and guides are there to help furthermore.
Bit tough however stunning this trek can surprise you with astounding great thing about nature. Odi thatch is a huge pasture in the valley on reaching the camping site one cannot simply stop appreciating the wonder of the place, which is a stunning hayfield with the majestic Kullu Eiger peak commanding it. Nightlong stay at camps.
Thakur Kuan to Odi Thatch
The trek on this present day is very pleasant, as you walk alongside the watercourse Parvati. The path is pretty simple with no ascents and descents. Most of the pieces of land is flat, except towards the top of the path, wherever you’ve got to climb up lateral ground, which might take some effort. After the climb, spend your time gazing at various little rivulets flowing across enormous expanse of even land.
Mantalai Lake is the supply of a watercourse Parvati, as we tend to go further trekking towards the lake there’s a steep climb of regarding 300 meters. Once this climb is over we tend to reach the Glacial Lake Mantalai. Explore the realm more, click pictures and came upon camps to rest at the nighttime.
Odi Thatch to Mantalai
Rest Day Spend the day resting, and getting your body to adapt as a result of you’ll have to be compelled to push yourselves over following few days. You’ll take photos, and have interaction with the other trekkers, before preparing to sleep therefore you’re energized for following day.
Mantalai – Base Camp I of Pin Parvati Pass – 4940m – 5 to 6 hours
Get ready for a challenging day, as we leave the camp early in the morning as you just cannot miss the glorious sun-rise at Mantalai, and also today’s trek is going to be a challenging one.
The adventure begins by walk through a couple of rivulets, and rise a path that’s steep, and not well-marked. We have a muddy steep to start with and undergo several ascents and descents; climb throughout the trek is sort of steep. You’ll traverse a ground area towards the tip and can start into an attractive Champaign, which, reckoning on climatic conditions, will be the site for the night.
After a short rest, the guides can continue a reconnaissance trip to see the conditions for crossing the pass. Feast your eyes on glaciers, snowfields, and moraines that surround the camp. Reaching the base camp will be a flash to treasure as the views of the camping site are simply outstanding.
You’ll be able to even hear the sounds of an odd avalanche to thrill you even more. Sleep early tonight as you may have to create an early begin subsequent day
Base Camp I over the Pass to Base Camp II
Depending on weather and path conditions, leave camp between 2:00-5:00 a.m. you’ll most likely be trekking completely on snow, dotted with rocks and lined with crevices. Once a steep climb, you’ll reach a pass, after that you’ll practice snowfields.
There’s a steep ascent of concerning one hour, after that you’ll finally reach the pass. Congratulate yourself on reaching 17,000ft, because that’s an enormous achievement! After spending a while at the pass, make preparations to start your descent through snowfields and ground sections to achieve the Pin stream in Spiti Valley.
You’ll reach the camping ground after another watercourse crossing. Relax, exchange stories with the other trekkers, and luxuriate in a decent night’s sleep in your tent.
Base Camp I over the Pass to Base Camp II
The trek this very day will be long but very light. Get pleasure from the beautiful landscape of Spiti with its multi – colored mountains, gigantic open grasslands and also the stunning Pin River flowing by. You’ll be passing by some shepherd camps, and crossing a number of streams as you hike.
Mudh village, with its barley fields, is placed at the bottom of a mountain, and you may get an opportunity to look at it as you trek. Pay your time within the village and acquaint yourself with the native customs and traditions. After a while, drive to Kaza, check over a hotel and revel in a way deserved hot shower. Spend the night in the hotel.
Wichkurung Thatch to Kaza
Your superb adventure trek comes to an end today! After breakfast, drive towards Manali via the Kunzum pass and Rohtang pass and continue your journey.
Per Person (Dehradun to Dehradun)
- Accommodation during the trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Trekking equipment (tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Achievement Certificate
- Memories of Life Time
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your place to the Dehradun
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs.250 Per Day/Per Bag)
- Food during transport from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs. 250/day/bag)
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. This trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A. December-April
- A. Kedarkantha Peak 3800m
- A. Dehradun is around 250km from Delhi by road. So many trains are well connected to Dehradun and as well Haridwar, which is 50km away from Dehradun. The nearest airport is Jolly Grand Airport.
- A. Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Mahindra Bolero
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10°
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. 20-30 People
- A. 2 guides
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Sankri you will get BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Sankri.
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
Day 01: Manali to Rudranath Base camp
Day 02: Rudranath to Khirganga
Day 03: Khirganga to Tunda Bhuj
Day 04: Tunda Bhuj to Thakur Kuan
Day 05: Thakur Kuan to Odi Thatch
Day 06: Odi Thatch to Mantalai
Day 07: Mantalai – Base Camp I of Pin Parvati Pass – 4940m – 5 to 6 hours
Day 08: Base Camp I over the Pass to Base Camp II
Day 09: Base Camp I over the Pass to Base Camp II
Day 10: Wichkurung Thatch to Kaza
Day 11: Kaza to Manali