If you are a person who likes mystery and adventure, the Roopkund trek is just the one for you! Since decade, Roopkund Trek has been regarded with mystery as the enchanting landscape surrounding Roopkund is in stark contrast with a pile of several skeletal bones found there. An international team did uncover the mystery, revealing to us that those skeletal remains are of pilgrims from 850 AD, who faced an unusual severe hail storm which killed hundreds of them. The Roopkund trek takes you through the remote parts of Chamoli district in Garhwal and has adventure, beautiful landscapes and mystery, all waiting for you!
Roopkund Trek is one of the stunning and adventurous winter treks of the Himalayas. Offering you panoramic views of trees and mountains covered with pristine snow all over them, the frozen lake is simply amazing and is a treat to the eyes. The views of Snow lay on the mountains are quite enchanting, and one just cannot take eyes off it. Trekking in the Himalayas in the months of January and February is quite tough but Roopkund Trek gives you the perfect opportunity to do so, it is the perfect time to trek here if you want to avoid the crowd.
Those trekkers who have already been to Roopkund trek can opt to go for other similar options in Uttarkhand region like Bali Pass is at the altitude of At 4900 m, the Bali Pass offers a 360 degree panoramic view of the Bandarpoonch, Kalanag and Swargarohini peaks, also you canopt for Kedartal trek also known as ‘Shiva’s Lake’ is one of the highest Lakes in Uttarakhand, and if we talk about Rupin pass it is a trail through glacial meadows, snow bridges, glacial valleys, snow fields and hundreds of waterfalls.
And if you are very well experienced and avid trekker then you can also choose to go for the most adventurous and amazing Chadar The frozen Rive trek of Leh which is considered as one of the most difficult trek as the whole trek is Done on the Zanskar river which is covered with the thick layer of snow.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Kathgodham To Lohajung (2130m) Drive/250 Kms/8-9 Hrs
The trip will start from Kathgodham Railway Station with a morning pick up at 7.00 AM. We will drive from Kathgodham to Lohajung, with the rivers Ganga and Alaknanda keeping us company till we turn right for the Pinder valley and along with beautiful Kumaon Mountains via Almora and Kausani. Overnight stay in tents.
Lohajung (2130m) – Didana (2550m) Trek/5-6 Hrs
The first day of the trek will introduce you to a mixed forest with diverse birds, playful streams which will give you the ‘Himalayan bite,’ the sting you get from cold streams and the village life of those living in this terrain. The 5-hour trek will take you downhill and then uphill before we reach the campsite above Didana village where we will spend the night in tents.
Didana (2550m) – Bedni Bugyal Via Ali Bugyal (3150m) Trek/6-7 Hrs
A steady ascent through thick oak forests will bring us to the alpine grazing meadows, called Bedni Bugyal. The trek will take us via the beautiful Ali Bugyal. It is the ideal place to take a break and let the vastness of the meadow, the clear sky and the enchanting view of the Trishul peak consume you with peace and happiness. Here, the stunning views of the Garhwal Himalayas ranges appear as ahead to you. Arrive at the finest camping site of Himalayas. Overnight stay in tents.
Bedni Bugyal (3150m) – Bhagubasa (3650m) Trek/6-7hrs
The trek begins with climbing the meadow slopes, up to the ridges to the Kaluvinayak shrine which will reveal to us the most memorable views of the Neelkanth, Chaukhambha and Hathi peaks. The remaining part of the trek and snow will depend on the season we go in. A bit of rocky terrain for a short distance will lead us to the desolated campsite at Bhagubasa, where we will experience slight breathing difficulty but we will get used to it soon. Overnight stay in tents.
Bhagubasa To Roopkund Summit And Return To Patharnachauni Trek/8-9 hrs
The trek from Bhagubasa is a 5-6 kms gradually ascending walk to Roopkund. It begins with crossing the rocky terrains which isn’t that complicated to climb. Even the 5-6 kms walk challenges you and you feel exhausted. As you trek further you witness the magnificent peaks such as Ghunti, Trishul, Nanda and Chaukhambha. But the pain is worth the gain. Reaching the Roopkund summit is an achievement in itself. The view of the summit gives you a sense of satisfaction and achievement, after spending some time capturing the beauty of Roopkund in your cameras; we will trek back to Patharnachauni. Overnight stay will be in tents.
Patharnachauni To Wan And Further Drive To Lohajung
Today, we will start trekking towards this beautiful village Wan from Patharnachauni. Although not wanting to leave the place, we will slowly pace towards wan village – back to civilization. Wan feels like very much at home, a big village with hills, mountains and smiling faces. After spending some time at Wan we will further drive to Lohajung. Our trek will end here and we will board the vehicles which are waiting for us to drive down to Lohajung. Overnight stay at Lohajung.
Lohajung To Kathgodam Drive
Bidding farewell to the beautiful Lohajung we will drive back to Kathgodham. Arrive around 9 pm at Kathgodham.
The trip ends here.
Per Person (Sharing Basis)
- Transport to and from the base camp of Roopkund Trek (Kathgodam to Kathgodam)
- Accommodation during the Roopkund trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment of Roopkund trek (tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader of Roopkund trek (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team of Roopkund trek (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment for Roopkund trek (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Achievement Certificate of Roopkundh trek
- Memories of Life Time
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your city to Kathgodam and Return
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs.250 Per Day/Per Bag)
- Food during transport from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs. 250/day/bag)
- Personal expenses of any kind on Roopkund trek
- Anything apart from the inclusions of Roopkund trek
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- Roopkund trek is moderate to difficult, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- April to June & September-October is the best time for Roopkund Trek.
- Roopkund is at the altitude of 4750m
- Roopkund trek starts from Kathgodam, Kathgodam is around 300km from Delhi by road. So many trains and buses are well connected to Kathgodam.
- Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Mahindra Bolero
- During daytime, the temperature will be around 15° to 20° and during night it will fall down to -5° at Roopkund Trek
- Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof
- There is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- 20-30 People
- There will be 2 guides in each batch of Roopkund Trek
- Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- We provide food for 4 times in a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- A. Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- In Lohajung you will get BSNL, IDEA, AIRTEL, VODAFONE mobile networks. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- During the Roopkund trek, you will get electricity only in Lohajung.
We believe that your opinion will guide us.
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
Day 01: Kathgodham To Lohajung
Day 02: Lohajung – Didana
Day 03: Didana – Bedni Bugyal Via Ali Bugyal
Day 04: Bedni Bugyal – Bhagubasa
Day 05: Bhagubasa To Roopkund Summit And Return To Patharnachauni
Day 06: Patharnachauni To Wan And Further Drive To Lohajung
Day 07: Lohajung To Kathgodam