The most liked summer trek
Har Ki Dun Trek
The Ruinsara Tal Har Ki Dun Trek location is at the base of the majestic peak of “Fateh Parvat”, it surmounts at a height of 3556 meters in the Garhwal Himalayas. This cradle shaped hanging valley offers a variety of enchanting explorations ranging from nature’s compassion to bird viewing. Scattered with Himalayan flowers, the valley is also packed with thrilling wildlife. Plunge ahead through Osla with propitious encounters with deer and bores before you stroll to the euphoric Ruinsara Tal Har Ki Dun Pass.
Ruinsara Tal Har ki Dun Trek is to witness the frozen glaciers of Jaundhar and Swargarohini while charming landscapes of prairie and snowflakes garnish your scrutiny. You will be left awestruck after seeing those majestic glaciers and mountains surrounding you from all three sides!
Ruinsara Tal Trek route passes through the Himalayan ghats, picturesque views of hills, valleys, gorges, and forests. And is a commonplace for photography enthusiasts. Follow the trail of Pandavas who took the very same route to ascend to heaven via Swargarohini, the mountain that dominates the Ruinsara valley. This is the only valley from where you can see Swargarohini, Bandarpoonch, and Black peak, all together. You can also see the Ruinsara Tal and other peaks from here.
Ruinsara Tal Har ki Dun Trek difficulty level is moderate, that’s why many first-time trekkers choose to go on this trek. The Ruinsara Tal Har ki dun trek itinerary starts from the beautiful Sankri village. The total Ruinsara Tal Har Ki Dun Trek Distance is around 55 to 58 km with some easy and some stiffed climb. In Ruinsara Tal temperature falls down below zero degree. The best time to visit Ruinsara Tal Har Ki Dun Trek is from April to June month. During this month Ruinsara Tal Har Ki Dun’s temperature during night times falls up to zero degrees.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
The trip which leads you to the Ruinsara Tal Har Ki Dun Trek will start from Dehradun Railway Station with a morning pick up at 7.00 AM. We will drive to Sankri, via Mussourrie, alongside the Yamuna and Tons rivers.
The drive also passes by beautiful pine forests. On reaching Sankri, we will explore the scenic hamlet to prepare for the trek that lies ahead. That is it for the first day of Ruinsara Tal Har ki Dun Trek. Overnight stay at Sankri.
On the 2nd Day of Ruinsara Tal Har ki Dun trek after breakfast there will be a short drive to Taluka village will take us to the beginning of our 15 km trek through the forest trails of Gangaad. At first, the trek descends, takes a left turn to let us walk alongside the river Rupin and then loves upwards through an enticing forest of Chestnut, Walnut, and Willow trees.
The trail winds upwards through the beautiful forest full of Chestnut, Walnut, and Willow trees, and continues to the village of Gangar. Pauni Garaat(altitude of 2500 m) is a beautiful abode that offers extraordinary sceneries within the prominent mountain backdrops. The Temple of Duryodhana is sited here, which is believed to hold a significant historical significance by the locals.
The tears shed by the locals are believed to have formed the River Tamas when the demise of Duryodhana occurred at the battle of Kurukshetra. Stay will be overnight in camps directly under the magnificent stars with refreshing Campfire.
After breakfast, we will head out on the 12 km trek through the thick forests of Govind National Park which is a pristine landscape with a wonderful mixture of flora & fauna. The Govind National Park (altitude ranges from 1,400 to 6,323 meters above sea level) is situated at the confluence of the Tons (or Supin and Rupin rivers).
The main wildlife species include Snow leopard, Himalayan Black, and Brown Bears, Tahr, Bharal, Musk deer, Serow, Mousedeer, Snowcock, Monal, Tragopan, Chir, Chiker, Koklas and Kaley pheasants. There are about fifteen species of large mammal in the sanctuary as well as about one hundred and fifty species of bird.
The colorful Himalayan Monal, the state bird of Uttarakhand, thrives in the forests here. The Har Ki Dun Valley route will be a refreshing balance between steep climbs and leisure level walks. Har Ki Dun is a cradle shaped valley in the majestic Garhwal Himalayan region. It is situated on the foothills of Swargarohini Peak with scenic views of nature’s bounty.
It is home to the enthralling Jaundhar Glacier where nature’s exquisiteness engrosses every traveler. The Har Ki Dun is called the ‘hanging valley of gods’ with high chances of sighting wildlife. The smell of pine combined with the sight of deodar trees will entice your senses whilst you trail through terraced mountain fields, conifer forests, and lush green grasslands.
The coniferous flora on the opposite side of the valley is awesome and is a photographer’s delight. The trail climbs to the ridge locally named as Kalkatti Dhar. Overnight stay will be at Kalkattiyadhaar (altitude of 2950m); above the clouds and closer to the sky!
And the most exciting dawn of our journey rises as today we will be trekking on completely white snow and grass patches, a complete contrast to the grass we had been walking onto as we continue our trek to Har ki Doon and have a view of Jaundhar glaciers.
Including north and south glaciers of Jaundhar, the total range is about 55 kilometers fully covered with snow and some tiny little green grasses for which you will be coming for the trek in Uttarkashi. And according to the local folklore, where fairies congregate! In our religious scriptures (Granth), it is mentioned that Pandavas went to heaven (Swarga) through the Swargarohini. What a bliss it may, to sit there that is so so far away from your daily office and just soaking the feeling of the surrounding.
We will descend back to Roiltia that day and again a bonfire snacks and maybe some folklore and spooky stories shall occupy you for the rest of the evening before you enjoy a nice and hot freshly cooked dinner before going into your sleeping cocoons with lots of unexplored dreams in your eyes. We will reach our campsite at around 5 o’clock evening.
Today the destination will be Untigad. The trails is little bit sharp and descent when you start your trek. Some route will be along with the river side and beautiful bloomed flowers. The walk is bit stiff compared to the days we have travelled. The trail is around 9 to 10 Km long and it will take almost 6 hours to reach the Untigad campsite.
The day you were waiting to see a beautiful and magnificent Ruinsara Tal. To reach the lake it will take 3 to 4 hours. After reaching Ruinsara Tal Lake we will witness the beauty of nature. After staying for about an hour we will move toward the campsite Devesu Thatch. Overnight at Campsite.
Trace your steps back as we will mark our return journey to Paunigaraat and you can have the same path to reach the destination. While descending, you can have greater views of scenic landscapes and enjoy the natural beauty and fresh energy as much as you wish as we have already started journey heading towards home.
Well, the downhill trek is fun and easy, covers 14 km and takes about 5 hours. The enjoyable night is pretty much guaranteed in the base camp as all the co-trekkers are your best companions now and will have their own idea to have some quality time together one last night by campfire and tents. Spend your night with peace and remove your hamstrings.
Starting from PauniGaraat, the rays of rising Sun will pave our way to Seema and then to Taluka. The route lies straight by the side of Supin River as if we would get to the source of the river. The history of Seema Village reveals fascinating and often charming aspects of the culture and life of the people of the Village.
Once you set foot in Seema Village, you will see the traces of the historical events that happened here. The best way to learn about the culture and lifestyle of the people of the Village is to get familiar with the enriching history of Seema Village.
Ruinsara Tal trek back to Taluka will give us abundant opportunities to take a refreshing bath in tantalizing chilled water of the many streams we cross/pass by. This overnight won’t be directly under the magnificent sky but certainly on the comforting Bed of a good hotel at Sankri!
After reaching Sankri, we will board the vehicles and start driving back towards Dehradun. Arrive in Dehradun by around late afternoon 6.00 PM. The glorious trip to Ruinsara Tal Har Ki Dun Trek ends here.
Per Person (Sankri To Sankri)
Per Person (Dehradun to Dehradun)
Per Person (Delhi to Delhi)
- Accommodation during the Ruinsara Tal Har Ki Dun trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Campfire at Camps (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment For Har Ki Dun Trek (Hiking Pole, Crampons,
- Gaiters, tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader of Har Ki Dun Trek (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team Of Har Ki Dun Trek (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment for Har Ki Dun Trek (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Achievement Certificate of Har Ki Dun Trek
- Memories of Life Time of Har Ki Dun Trek
- Transport from Dehradun to Sankri & Return (Rs. 2000 Additional)
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your place to the Dehradun
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs.250 Per Day/Per Bag)
- Food during transport from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. This Ruinsara Tal Har Ki Dun Trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A. The Ruinsara Tal Har Ki Dun Trek is best from March-June & October-December
- A. Ruinsara Tal (3600m) is the maximum altitude point in Ruinsara Tal Har Ki Dun Trek.
- A. Dehradun is around 250km from Delhi by road. So many trains are well connected to Dehradun and as well Haridwar, which is 50km away from Dehradun. The nearest airport is Jolly Grand Airport.
- A. It totally depends upon the group size. We provide Tempo Traveller vehicles for the group of 8 more persons and Tata Sumo / Mahindra Bolero for the group of 7 or fewer persons in Ruinsara Tal Har Ki Dun Trek
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10° at Ruinsara Tal Har Ki Dun Trek
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. 20-30 People
- A. 2 guides
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Sankri you will get BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During the Ruinsara Tal Har Ki Dun Trek, you will get electricity only in Sankri.
We believe that your opinion will guide us.
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
Day 01: Dehradun – Sankri
Day 02: Sankri – PauniGaraat
Day 03: PauniGaraat to Kalkattiyadhaar
Day 04: Kalkattiyadhar to Har Ki Dun to Roiltia
Day 05: Roiltia to Untigad
Day 06: Untigad to Ruinsara Tal to Devesu Thatch
Day 07: Devsu Thatch to Pauni Garaat
Day 08 : Pauni Garaat to Sankri
Day 09 : (Return) Sankri to Dehradun