Stok Kangri Trek
If you are looking for Best Stok Kangri Trek Package with lowest prices then your search ends here. Aahvan Adventure is a leading Adventure Travel Operator in India located in Ahmedabad, We organize treks and adventure trips in the Himalayas our knowledgeable and well experienced local guides to serve you in the mountains that help to feel comfortable with the surrounding. One of the most thrilling treks of Ladakh, the Stok Kangri peak rests at 6,153 m. The Stok Kangri Trek is ideal for experienced and novice individuals.
However, it does present a few challenges like thin air at high altitude. This is the reason why we reserve the first three days for acclimatization. The route we choose is one of the shortest ones to the peak and at the summit, you will get sweeping views of the Ladakh range, the Zanskar range, the Indus valley and Leh city.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Arrival in Leh.
Check into your stay and unwind as your body adjusts to the high altitude. In order for you to have a journey, we have reserved the first two days for acclimatization. Also you can visit beautiful town. Overnight stay at hotel.
Acclimatisation and Exploration of Leh
Post breakfast we will head on for an acclimatization 3-4 hour hike. The later half of the day will be spent exploring the monasteries in and around Leh, like Shey and Thiksey. Overnight stay in hotel.
Leh (3500m) – Stok Village (3650m) Chang Ma (4000m) 5-6 hrs
After a short drive, we will reach Stok village. Stok is very beautiful village and full of natural beauty and lush greenery. Then, we will commence our trek and will ascend to gain altitude and then follow the simple principle of acclimatization, which is: ‘climb high – sleep low’. After trek of around 5 to 6 hours we will reach our today’s destination Chang Ma. Overnight stay in tents..
Chang Ma(4000m) – Mankorma(4350m) 4-5 hrs
Today’s trek will start from Chang Ma and our destination of the day will be Mankorma. During trek you will enjoy beautiful scenario and landscape of Ladakh. After ascending some, you will see why Ladakh is most beautiful place in the world and known as “The Cold Desert”. The trek will last for 4 to 5 hours. After reaching Mankorma overnight stay in tents.
Mankorma(4350m) – Base Camp(5000m) 4-5 hrs
Today after having breakfast we will start our trek to the Stok Kangri Base Camp which is situated at the height of around 5000m. The trek is kind of moderate and will last only for 4 to 5 hours. You will love the scenic beauty of many live streams, grassy mountains and some beautiful peaks. After reaching base camp give some time to acclimatize your body to the weather. Over night stay in tents.
Rest & Acclimatization Day
Today’s day is reserved for rest and to acclimatize in this altitude. You can also enjoy your day by roaming around the camp. Also our team will brief you about skills of climbing high altitude mountains. Overnight stay in tents.
Base Camp (5000m) – Stok Kangri (6153m) – Base Camp (5000m) 7-8 hrs
Today is the day we take on the Stok Kangri peak. Prepare yourselves for a tough but enjoyable trek! We will begin as early as 2:00 am today and your headlamps will light your way until the Sun rises. From the start of the trek itself, there is a steep ascend to the ridge, above the camp. The trek will continue in the same manner. After climbing the first ridge, we will have to tread carefully as we will pass a big glacier which will take us to the final ridge. The final ridge leads us to the peak.
The last part of the trek will be a challenge as it is steep and the air is extremely thin. Depending on when you take this trek, the conditions will change. During May-June, thereis a lot of snow, however, in July-August, the snow is considerably less which in turn makes the ascent easier. Once we reach on top, you will forget the challenges as your eyes will welcome the sight of the Karakoran and Ladakh range to your North, the Zanskar range to the west, the Leh city and an exciting bird’s eye view of the Indus valley! The ascent of the trek can easily take up 6-8 hours however, the return trip will take us about 4 hours.
Stok Base Camp (5000m) – Stok Village (3650m) (Trek/4hr) – Leh
Today we will trek back – from the base camp to the Stok village. This will be followed by a short 1-hour drive to Leh. Overnight stay in hotel.
Per Person (Sharing Basis)(Leh To Leh)
- Accommodation during the Stok Kangri trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges for Stok Kangari Trek
- Services of an expert trek leader (Qualified in Basic/Advanced Mountaineering Courses) for Stok Kangari Trek
- Trekking equipment (Hiking Pole, Crampons, Gaiters, Tents, Sleeping Bags, Mattresses, Ice Axes, Ropes, etc.)
- Safety equipment (First Aid, Medical Kit, Oxygen Cylinders, Stretcher, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Achievement Certificate of Stok Kangri Trek
- Memories of Life Time of Stok Kangri Trek
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Any transport from your city to and Return
- Food during transit to and from the base camp
- Backpack offloading charges
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. The Stok Kangri trek is difficult and meant for fit/adventurous and seasoned hikers.
- A. July, August and September period is the best time for Stok Kangri Trek.
- A. Stok Kangri Peak point is at 6000m in Stok Kangri trek.
- A. Most of the people choose to come at Leh by Air. By road nearest point is Manali and also it will take 2 days to reach Leh.
- A. Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Mahindra Bolero
- A. During day time the temperature will be around 9° to 12° and during night it will fall down to -8°
- A. There is no provision for bath on the trek.
- A. 15-20 People
- A. 2 guides
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want
- Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes we do provide Toilet tents.
- A. Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light rain coat or water proof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Stok Kangari Village you will have only BSNL postpaid mobile network. In other locations you won’t have any network.
- A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Leh.
- A. Anybody travelling 10,000 feet above sea level will find difficulty in breathing or is likely to fall prey to altitude sickness. It happens due to low level of atmospheric oxygen. The biggest cause of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) is dehydration. People on the trip forget to drink enough water, they just keep on riding. To beat AMS, take the following steps: 1. Drink lots and lots of water mixed with glucose. 2. Take everything slow. Even little labor at high altitudes will leave you spent. 3. Take one Diamox at Manali on the morning when you leave for Leh. Diamox takes one hour to start working. 4. Don’t push too hard, take the trip slow. Ascent slowly, decent slowly. 5. If you feel the symptoms creeping up, stop and take some rest. Don’t keep pushing.
- A. Ladakhi people speaks local Ladakhi language though all of them understand Hindi with some of them (city dwellers) understand English too.
A. Money can be exchanged only in Manali & Leh town, you can also use debit/credit card in few of the reputed shops and hotels but at additional 2% service tax.
We believe that your opinion will guide us.
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
Day 01: Arrival at Leh
Day 02: Acclimatisation and Exploration of Leh
Day 03: Leh – Stok Village Chang Ma
Day 04:Chang Ma – Mankorma
Day 05: Mankorma – Base Camp
Day 06: Rest & Acclimatization Day
Day 07: Base Camp – Stok Kangri – Base Camp
Day 08 : Stok Base Camp – Stok Village – Leh
Day 09 : Leh Departure