Located in the Dhauladhar Mountains, Triund is a small hill in the Kangra district in the state of Himachal Pradesh, an Ideal Trekking destination for weekends. It’s an easy hike suited for people of all age groups & experience level. The 9 Km trek begins from Mcleodganj. The town of Mcleodganj is also known as little “Lhasa” or “Dhasa” (a short form of Dharamshala used mainly by Tibetans) because of its large population of Tibetans. The trail passes through a beautiful mixed forest of oak, deodar, and rhododendron. The views are simply awe-inspiring & invigorating.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Mcleodganj (1785m) – Triund (2875m) /3-5 Hrs Trek
Starting our day, We all will be reportage in Dharamshala at 7 A.M move a car to Mcleodganj. So, the trek starts from Mcleodganj, the trek from Mcleodganj to Galu Devi temple are going to be a touch exhausting. Away from Galu Devi the trek are going to be both moderate and easy. Reaching Triund and enjoying the breath-taking views will be a persistent experience. We’ll retire to bed once dinner and revel in the night at camps.
Triund – Laka (3300m) – Mcleodganj / 7-8 Hrs Trek
Waking up to a fresh new morning on the mountains will never be compared to any of our regular mornings. The exhilarating views of Dhauladhar ranges could be a treat for eyes. After breakfast, we’ll begin trekking to Laka Pass.
The route to Laka Pass consists of flat and smooth plains and downhill. After spending a while at Laka, we’ll begin trekking back to Mcleodganj. Reaching back to Mcleodganj will be the tip of the trek.
Per Person (Mcleodganj to Mcleodganj)
- Accommodation during the Triund trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges for Triund Trek
- Trekking equipment (Tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses) for Triund trek
- Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Achievement Certificate of Triund Trek
- Memories of Life Time of Triund trek
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Backpack offloading charges
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at [email protected]
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. Triund trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A. March -June period is best time for Triund trek.
- A. Kedarkantha Peak 3800m
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10°
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. 20-30 People
- A. 2 guides
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
Between September and March. However, Triund trek is closed for a few weeks of January due to heavy snow.
- A. The last strong network connectivity will be on McLeod Ganj or Dharamshala. After McLeod Ganj, the network and internet is quite unreliable.
- A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Sankri.
Yes. But children below the age of 15 must be accompanied by adult supervision. Moreover, the last stretch of the Triund trek is steep, so please ensure their safety.
No. Triund trek is a two day trek where on the first day, we go uphill from Dharamkot to Triund, then we camp at night and then on the second day, we come downhill.
The trekking distance of Triund Trek from Himtreks’ Dharamkot Base Camp is 8 km.
Yes, Triund must be open now. It is open throughout the year. Just avoid this trek in the monsoons as the trail could be muddy and slippery to walk.
The distance between Triund and Indrahar Pass is 9km via trail to Snowline Cafe. From Snowline Cafe, it will be a flat walk or a downhill to Lahesh caves and then a steep climb to Indrahar pass.
Triund is in Himachal Pradesh. To reach Triund, first you need to reach Dharamkot. By Air: The nearest airport to Dharamkot is Gaggal Airport. You can take a flight from Delhi to Gaggal Airport. From Gaggal Airport, you can take a bus or taxi till McLeod Ganj. From McLeod Ganj, auto or taxi can be taken to reach Dharamkot.By Road: Distance between McLeod Ganj and Delhi is 500 km. You can take a Volvo from Kashmiri Gate to reach McLeod Ganj.By Rail: The nearest railway station to Triund is Pathankot Railway Station. You can board a train from Delhi to Pathankot. After reaching Pathankot, you can take a bus or a taxi to McLeod Ganj. From McLeod Ganj, you can take another taxi or auto to Dharamkot.
The nearest airport is Gaggal Airport. It is 13 km from Dharamshala.
Don’t worry. It will be completely safe. It is our responsibility to take care of the safety of each member during the trek.
There are multiple risks involved in high altitude treks, each of them needs to be dealt with proper responses. Risk: High Altitude – Before starting a high altitude trek, make sure you’re aware of the implications on your body. There could be symptoms like mountain sickness, headache and/or nausea. Response: If you feel any of the above symptoms, quickly inform the Himtrek trek leader. He/she will help you with the right kind of medicines. Risk: Unpredictable weather Response: If there happens, unexpected rain or snowfall during the trek. Wait for the decision of the Himtrek trek leader. The team will only proceed further, if the trek leader says so. Risk: Poor mobile connectivity. Reponse: We rely on walkie talkies to communicate from one base camp to another.
There are multiple other treks nearby Triund and some places for sightseeing as well. These are –Popular Treks near Triund trek are – – Kareri River Trek – Guna Devi Temple Trek – Bhagsu Trek. Places for Sightseeing are –– Namgyal Monastery – Tsuglagkhang Complex – Bhagsunag Temple – Tibetan Museum – Kangra Fort – Dal Lake – Naddi Viewpoint – Baglamukhi Temple.